During a late night fast food run, I order and pay with a debit card, and the machine prompts me for a tip. In a generous mood, I comply and tip him a dollar.

Afterwards, my friend pays and tells the guy to keep the change. The employee replies "we don't take tips".

I ask the dude what just happened but he just shrugs it off.

Question is, to whom/what/where the fuck did my tip go?
I think you will find this thread enlightening
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
A very rich banker now has another dollar. He will sharpen the edges and throw it at a poor person, while laughing and lighting a cigar using a $100 bill that's on fire. The cigar will also be rolled in $100 bills instead of tobacco leaves.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
A very rich banker now has another dollar. He will sharpen the edges and throw it at a poor person, while laughing and lighting a cigar using a $100 bill that's on fire. The cigar will also be rolled in $100 bills instead of tobacco leaves.

I'm fairly sure that's poisonous, which is a good thing for the rest of us.
Quote by E7#9
During a late night fast food run, I order and pay with a debit card, and the machine prompts me for a tip. In a generous mood, I comply and tip him a dollar.

Afterwards, my friend pays and tells the guy to keep the change. The employee replies "we don't take tips".

Tipping for fast food? Really? Your dollar either went to charity or right back to your checking account.

At any chain restaurant Mcdonalds quality or in that area are not allowed to take tips.
Mcdonalds you can take the tip form the customer, but with the cameras around, you gotta put it in the ronald mcdonald house thing.
Last edited by stratkat at Nov 8, 2015,
It was a tip for the machine. It's saving up to get its own place.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by CaptainRon
The real question is why the hell did you tip fast food employees?

Quote by stratkat
Tipping for fast food?

I work at a coffee chain and we accept tips (cash only). I tip them out of solidarity.

I gather that neither of you two have ever worked in fast food or some customer service type of place. Customer service in general is a shitty job and can be pretty brutal. If they accept tips, throwing a bit of change their way for their trouble is really no skin off my nose.
Quote by E7#9

Probably a vortex
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
Quote by E7#9
I work at a coffee chain and we accept tips (cash only). I tip them out of solidarity.

I gather that neither of you two have ever worked in fast food or some customer service type of place. Customer service in general is a shitty job and can be pretty brutal. If they accept tips, throwing a bit of change their way for their trouble is really no skin off my nose.

the coffee shops around here have a cup that you can put the tips into, just small change and stuff, its on the counter by the till

if there's a group of us we'll all chip 5-10p in because we know we're annoying and feel mean because there's like 5 or 6 of us
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Last edited by Bladez22 at Nov 8, 2015,
Quote by E7#9

I'm nearly certain that stratkat used to work at McDonald's.

I think their point is that it isn't common. At food places, you normally give a tip where the employees make below minimum wage, so maybe that's why they're so thrown off by it. I work at fast food and the few times people have offered me a tip, I was surprised.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Last edited by chrismendiola at Nov 8, 2015,