Howdy-ho guys!

I recently tried out the Schecter Banshee-6 Active at a nearby guitar shop and really liked the feel of it, especially how well built the neck was for tech death (my type of music) and how easy sweep picking on the upper frets was. I don't really dig the EMG's, but they can be replaced, so whatever. For £499, I felt the instrument was extremely good bang for my buck, especially when you comapre it to models made by some rival guitar companies at the same price (Ibanez in particular).

However, before my decision is made, I just wanted to double check if there are better guitars in the same price range. I play mostly death metal in the vein of Suffocation, Vehemence, Opeth, Lykathea Aflame, The Faceless, Dying Fetus, Deeds of Flesh, Necrophagist, Spawn of Possession, old Gorguts and the like. Thanks in advance, and stay metal!
The passive version is on my "one day..." list, and I got to play the active and it felt awesome. And that price is almost a steal. The specs eat any Ibanez in the price range. Go for it.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There's no point in trying to convince a moron.
Quote by TheLiberation
The passive version is on my "one day..." list, and I got to play the active and it felt awesome. And that price is almost a steal. The specs eat any Ibanez in the price range. Go for it.

Thanks man.
Not my kind of guitar, but I'm always interested to see what others are into, so I googled that guitar. Pretty much the first thing that came up was an advert for them at £469.99 with free delivery. However, I firmly believe in supporting your local music shop where possible, so I suggest you go back and offer them 450. If they apply the usual 10% off then it'll be yours at 450, if not make them a final offer of 470 and point out that you can get one online within a few minutes at that price.

Happy to help, good luck ;-)
Charvel Wild Card #6
'89 USA Standard Strat
'89 Jap Heavy Metal Strat (HSS)
Tokai Breezysound
'08 Gibson SG Special Faded
Squier Bass VI
Schecter makes some very nice guitars. As stated, I would give the local shop a chance to at least match the online price.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
I bought the Schecter Banshee 6 FVSB Passive Hardtail in Faded Vintage Sunburst earlier this year.

Hands-down one of the best guitars I've ever played.

That being said, I'm poor so I haven't had the experience of much better.

"2,000,000 NPS Whores" club.
Appreciating the beauty of music so fast it blows puny mortal's faces off.
Bow down to teh Shredzor!
PM La Qotsa if you want to join. No emotion? Pah!