I'll start by saying I've gone to several other websites for help, but to no avail. After a few months use cubase decided to stop working. I am using a focusrire solo as my interface. In my device settings I have made sure it is selected as well as active and online.

I have made sure it is routed correctly as there are only 2 inputs. One site said to check in my mix console incase my tracks were either muted or solo but that isn't the issue either.

Also, yes I have made sure the tracks are set to record, but I noticed when I add a new track nothing appears in the main window (where recordings are shown) it just lists them in the column to the left.

Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated.
Question Everything
Gear
PRS SE 245
Schecter Solo Special
B-52 AT-100
Orange CR60
Fulltone GT-500
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Banshee Talkbox
Have you tried uninstalling and installing again Cubase and/or Focusrite's drivers? Have you tried using another DAW?
Not a new DAW per se, but guitar rig 5 works fine, no issues whatsoever. I'm fairly certain focusrites drivers are okay since I can hear myself through the headphones without any programs open. Plus cubase has worked in thd past and I have never updated so why would the drivers be bad?
Question Everything
Gear
PRS SE 245
Schecter Solo Special
B-52 AT-100
Orange CR60
Fulltone GT-500
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Banshee Talkbox
Cubase goes weird every once in a while and need a reinstall. See if there might be some patches from their website, I remember mine had 4 updates to version 4 which is the last I used and then I bid them farewell due to shoddy cust. service and driver support.

Do you get any errors?

How about playing back old projects?

Can you try setting up for the build-in audio interface instead and then revert back to your outside interface?

Might want to delete all the settings that you created and then go over the setup again. Here are two manual, hope this helps:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/knowledge-base/show/716/how-to-configure-an-audio-interface-in-cubase/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm9qdHm2wfA
Thanks for all the help. I'm typing this on a tablet but I'll try a reinstall and update. If not it might be time for a new daw
Question Everything
Gear
PRS SE 245
Schecter Solo Special
B-52 AT-100
Orange CR60
Fulltone GT-500
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Banshee Talkbox
Quote by WildMiles96
Thanks for all the help. I'm typing this on a tablet but I'll try a reinstall and update. If not it might be time for a new daw

Do let us know if your problem was solved or not.

If your problem with Cubase isn't sorted out, I suggest Reaper if you haven't tried it out yet.
TS - go with deleting your Steinberg audio interface setup first (input and output) and re-create, if that doesn't help, then I suggest look online at Steinberg's site and see if there are any patches, download and run those and see what happens. If that doesn't work, then uninstall the program, load it up from your original install, update the patches and see what happens.
If you're not getting a validation error on startup I think just doing the setup of your audio interface again in Cubase will most likely fix it. If your audio interface has its own mixer it might be a misconfiguration in there that is tripping up your routing, I know as a matter of fact a few friends that set submixes in PreSonus' driver software routing that defeated their audio configuration in Cubase. Pesky problem to troubleshoot actually, maybe it is easier to set the driver to "default" or clear custom settings first and then get started.

Good luck and let us know what happened.

Maybe start with this first:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWK6s2uHuKg
Last edited by diabolical at Nov 8, 2015,