I bought a Jackson in a pawn shop a couple of years ago and I can't find what it is . the pawn shop said it was a USA . I kinda think it's a Frankenstien. OK It's not plywood. It has HSS all covered Charvel Pickups . 1 Volume no tone controls, Looks like a jt580 trem. ( chrome ) Jackson bound neck with sharkfin inlays. Chrome Jackson tuners. Black pickups and a black pu ring on the humbucker. has a yellowish orange crackel paint job . scarf joint in the neck. I'm kind of thinking it's a charvette body with a different neck and trem. The neckplate says Jackson and has the serial number (9713922 ) and that's all . It's black. oh It has a 5 way selector switch .
I've been all over the internet looking for it and can't find it . can any one help ?
Oh it came with a gray Charvel Case .
Thank you.
Bobby
Last edited by Bobby1959 at Nov 8, 2015,
post some pic's
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I've found Charvette was the only one that came with Charvel pickups. Frankenstien Can't figure how to post the pic ? Bobbys Stuff 005
Quote by Bobby1959
I've found Charvette was the only one that came with Charvel pickups. Frankenstien Can't figure how to post the pic ? Bobbys Stuff 005

Host the pic on a website like imgur.com and post the link to the image here.
I can't say much about the guitar without pictures, but the neckplate is from a Japanese Jackson, probably from around the early 2000s.

[The 7-digit serials starting with a 9 are Japanese, starting with 96xxxxx in 1996 and progressing sequentially. They were in the high 98xxxxx range when the factory shut down in 2011]

From the sounds of it, the neck *could* easily belong with the neckplate, since it sounds like it could be from a DK2 of that era.

I don't want to say much about the body without seeing it, but your Charvette suggestion certainly sounds feasible.
Well I finally found it . The body was made in Japan . It's alder. They say the pickups are weak . ( I haven't plugged it in yet. ) Not what the pawn shop or I thought it was and not worth the 750 dollars I paid for it . lol Live and learn . Thanks for your help.
Well I found a fusion with the same set up so I don't know what this thing is . I've tried for 2 days to post a pic of the damn thing . Pretty much come to the conclusion that you can't post a pic on this damn sight it's impossible . If you want to see it I'll e-mail a pic
Quote by Bobby1959
Well I found a fusion with the same set up so I don't know what this thing is . I've tried for 2 days to post a pic of the damn thing . Pretty much come to the conclusion that you can't post a pic on this damn sight it's impossible . If you want to see it I'll e-mail a pic

Again, host the pic on imgur.com

After that, get the link of the pic that you just posted on imgur and post the link here. It's not difficult.
If it turns out the guitar isn't what it was sold as I would demand your money back.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
If it turns out the guitar isn't what it was sold as I would demand your money back.

Yeah, there are Fraud laws to protect consumers. Selling a guitar as a USA made Jackson that is not USA made by a business weather knowingly or not is fraud and will get your money back.

Just realized TS has owned it for several years. It is what it is now
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Nov 15, 2015,
If it all works good I'll keep it . It's a good looking guitar . And sound wise , If it doesn't sound good I have a screaming demon and a BBQ bucker floating around the house some ware . It has a good trem and a really nice feeling neck the action is good . no buzz. I had a new So Cal I sold I didn't like it.