Hi all, want get a good distortion pedal. I have a mod tone extrem metal, I kinda find its an overkill for distortion like it easy to mess up the sound in a bad way and same goes for boss metal zone. Kinda looking fot something that doesn't hurt the ears like a smooth creamy distortion tone you know what I mean? P.s I have a rg320pg with dimebag signature pickups and a marshall mg15R. Anyone can recommend a good pedal?
Even the best distortion pedal in the world will sound terrible through your MG. You need a new amp. Nothing else to be said, really.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by KailM
Even the best distortion pedal in the world will sound terrible through your MG. You need a new amp. Nothing else to be said, really.

Sad but true.

And in most cases, even a good clean amp with a good distortion pedal won't be as nice as a proper high-gain amp.

We can advise you on what amp(s) to look for if you like (and tell us more about the sounds you are looking for).

There's just not much you can do with an MG15. Sorry mate.
you also have pickups which are skewing the tone towards metal as well
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You need a much better amp. Your tone is going to sound like crap no matter what distortion pedal you put through an MG.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
TC Electronic Dark Matter can be purchased for cheap now, note its not as aggressive as other distortion pedals, smooth is what i would describe it. it works well paired with Mojo Mojo OD. If you prefer more control over the low, mid, and bass freq.. then get DOD Boneshaker, the depth makes the sound more in your face.. i use mine for EQ boost like effect.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Quote by psp742
TC Electronic Dark Matter can be purchased for cheap now, note its not as aggressive as other distortion pedals, smooth is what i would describe it. it works well paired with Mojo Mojo OD. If you prefer more control over the low, mid, and bass freq.. then get DOD Boneshaker, the depth makes the sound more in your face.. i use mine for EQ boost like effect.

Again, he'd be polishing a turd by trying another distortion pedal with his MG. I didn't even find the Dark Matter to be that impressive when I tried one (I like their other pedals though, very much).

Peavey Vypyrs can be found used for $100-150 all day long in the States and will wipe the floor with his MG no matter what he runs through it. So in a nutshell, he could have a much, much better amp for the same price of a "just beginning to do the job" level of distortion pedal.

I'm not trying to be a dick but whenever someone has an MG, I feel obligated to get them on the right track as soon as possible. I owned one/suffered through one once upon a time.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Your right, i didn't notice he is using a Marshall MG series... Marshall has good amps but you need to pay more for the better combo amp/head up the line and they should do wonders for clean tone and sound.. A Roland Cube 30x is also better than what OP has... I'm not saying Roland is a bad amp, so no hate..

I have Fender Frontman 25r (upgraded 10" Eminence Ragin Cajun), Epiphone Valve Jr Combo ver2 Hotrod mod (upgraded 8" Jensen C8R), Peavey Envoy 110 Transtube (Silver stripe) USA (upgraded 12" Peavey speaker), Roland Micro Cube (black color and not the newer GX) Orange Micro Terror (JJ Tubes) + PPC108 speaker cab, Randall RX120D with foot switch + Peavey Bass Enclosure 1820... I gravitate towards the Peavey Envoy because its 40-watts (lighter weight) and has good clean and driven channel, takes pedal very well too (although i'm limited to having effects in front of the amp) as there is no send / return.. The Randall is just too much power for what we need.

KailM, i did mention Dark Matter as being smooth (its not gritty or dirty sounding) It's like the Mojo Mojo but plus a few levels up.. DOD Gunslinger (80s sound) vs DOD Boneshaker (modern punch your face in) - not sure if you can get metal sound out of it since i don't play metal i keep the setting subtle (more like EQ boost)
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Last edited by psp742 at Nov 8, 2015,
The guitar pickups are also of the buzzsaw kind...so that is not helping either.

You can get a Blackstar Ht or HT Dual and run that with a 1/4 to 1/8 jack into your mp3 plugin on the amp, thus disabling the horrible front end of the Marshall. It will most likely sound pretty good...but ditching the amp for something else would be probably the best move.

Considering your guitar I'd guess a Marshall DSL40C or Peavey 6505 will be right down your alley.
Ohh okay got it, MG series not favourite huh? I kinda like the overdrive channel of it. Shall look up the blackstar ht5 some amp you guys recommend are not easy to come by in my area.
skip the HT-5. that would be a forward move, but you can do better.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/