i worked on this tab to build sound like metalcore/progressive band as Erra, Architects but i'm not sure about some parts, i dont want build riff too similar to these bands , so here it is

C4C :3
Last edited by Shadow2Star at Nov 8, 2015,
I had a quick skim of it and it seemed pretty similar to Architects.If you're looking to write similar to them, try to use lots of contrast, dissonance, scaled lead runs, a low tuning (the Ab is pretty apparent for them, AGCFAD isn't a bad six string tuning either) and breakdowns. Odd time is pretty useful too.
Quote by auzzietaco
I had a quick skim of it and it seemed pretty similar to Architects.If you're looking to write similar to them, try to use lots of contrast, dissonance, scaled lead runs, a low tuning (the Ab is pretty apparent for them, AGCFAD isn't a bad six string tuning either) and breakdowns. Odd time is pretty useful too.

Thank you dude, i will apply your advice.
Don't have GP6, but if you can export it as a GP5 and post it I'll give it a run through and give you some in depth constructive criticism! I am a fan of the genre, but it saddens me that I can't listen to it at the moment.
Quote by BloodReverence
Don't have GP6, but if you can export it as a GP5 and post it I'll give it a run through and give you some in depth constructive criticism! I am a fan of the genre, but it saddens me that I can't listen to it at the moment.

Gp5 ^^
Attachments:
Engrave.gp5
Would you be able to comment on a tab I've written? Its slightly softer, kind of a Post-Hardcore type song, meant for clean singing.
Attachments:
Song 1.gpx
Quote by auzzietaco
Would you be able to comment on a tab I've written? Its slightly softer, kind of a Post-Hardcore type song, meant for clean singing.

dope man, this song needs more aggressive riffs and lead parts but is pretty good,
At bar 8 when start the riff try to insert leads as rise against riff (i've seen your influences :3)
drum is noisy sometimes, adjust it.
at last is a good track try to add one more riff before bar 83-84
(more post hardcore less alternative)
Last edited by Shadow2Star at Nov 10, 2015,
Okay! So the first part is pretty dark, but it flows well. The first riff is really groovy, I like it. Perhaps, in the part of the riff where you alternate from the open to the high chords you can add some variation to the ends to spice things up.

The riff with the arpeggio over it sounds pretty cool, maybe some more variation in the rhythm again would be nice.

The chorus has an interesting chord progression. I'm not a fan of the third chord, but if that's what you're going for and what you like then keep it up. I'm thinking a lead line and/or a synth part on this part would make it complete for me.

I'm not a huge fan of the part where you're just alternating the dissonant chords and the open string. The rhythm is really predictable and there's very distinct lack of melody/harmony to it that kind of makes it bland to my ears.

Overall, I'd give it a 7.5/10, but I think with some reworking and vocals you could definitely make it a killer track!
Hey man if you'd be willing to use Guitar Pro 5 I'd love to work with you on some songs maybe