I'm going to be going to a shop next week, where the cheaper range, but not utter poop price of acoustics seems to have lots of "EKO" guitars. I have no knowledge of how good a brand they are, but it seemed a good idea to ask if anyone else does.

I'm not after a top of the range acoustic, but would like a good but not too expensive 12 string or 6 string.
I bought one in late 60's, still got it. Great guitar, never had to do anything to it. Finish getting a bit cracked in places (just the varnish), but then so is my finish, it happens when you get old! Assume they're still made in Italy. Check what the nut width is now, as mine is a bit wider than norm for today.
Quote by whirlpool
I bought one in late 60's, still got it. Great guitar, never had to do anything to it. Finish getting a bit cracked in places (just the varnish), but then so is my finish, it happens when you get old! Assume they're still made in Italy. Check what the nut width is now, as mine is a bit wider than norm for today.

Same here - an Eko Ranger VI. It was my first steel string guitar - and was my only one for many years - and it's still going strong. The original Rangers were built like tanks with heavy bracing, bolt-on necks (which necessitated a 4" square chunk of wood as the neck block!) and adjustable saddles.

The brand was resurrected several years ago and they are now producing a range of guitars, many of more modern construction, although the Eko type are still to be found. I've played a few of both type and they were OK - well made, quite playable.

Here is a link to their website:

http://www.ekoguitars.it/en/hp/Ekoguitars-Acoustic-Classic-Electric-and-Bass-Guitars
Quote by whirlpool

Thanks. Yeah, the store is indeed in Italy!
Quote by Garthman
Same here - an Eko Ranger VI. It was my first steel string guitar - and was my only one for many years - and it's still going strong. The original Rangers were built like tanks with heavy bracing, bolt-on necks (which necessitated a 4" square chunk of wood as the neck block!) and adjustable saddles.

The brand was resurrected several years ago and they are now producing a range of guitars, many of more modern construction, although the Eko type are still to be found. I've played a few of both type and they were OK - well made, quite playable.

Here is a link to their website:

http://www.ekoguitars.it/en/hp/Ekoguitars-Acoustic-Classic-Electric-and-Bass-Guitars

Thanks for your reply, that's given me a bit of info on them! I'm not sure I'm super keen on a "Tank", but I presume they have changed a lot these days. It's good to hear they're not seen as crap though.