Looking into buying a decent amp

Budget under 600

I play good amounts of thrash and death metal, yet most of my playing is classic rock.

I prefer tube amps

Thanks
nick

P.s.- I have a big muff and crybaby already, and can always add on to those if i want a very specific sound
Marshall DSL 40C with an OD pedal; preferably a Boss SD-1 or clone, but a Tubescreamer would work too.

I haven't played one, but from what I've gathered it should be able to get into thrash territories by itself, but especially with an OD pedal pushing it. Might have enough gain for death metal too. If not, add a Boss Hm-2 pedal and it will get as gnarly as you could ever need. And of course, the Marshall will do your classic rock just fine as is.

Another one to check out would be the Peavey 6505+ 112, but it may not suit your classic rock needs. Definitely works out of the box for thrash and death metal, especially with a boost. The hard rock sounds are good; but the only area I'd say it's really lacking is in the light-crunch department. Cleans can be decent if you know how to tweak it.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Are you looking for a combo? A head? Do you have a cab or will you need one? How many speakers?

A lot of options, believe it or not, in the sub 600 range.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Orange Tiny Terror?
Carvin V3M?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
If you like JCM800 sound look into Traynor YCV50B or the head.

Ashdown FA60 Fallen Angel is a bit of an odd horse but will suit you and fit budget. There's a simple gain mod that I performed on mine and really opened it up.
i second the DSL and the tiny terror.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the repies everyone.
combos and or head AND cabs will do. I dont currently have a cab.
ive also considered the oeavey valveking ii, how does that compare to some of these amps?
i had the original VK a long time ago. i don't think they changed a TON but, honesty i only tried one once (it was the combo), it wasn't bad, but i would probably look elsewhere.

do you like more of an american or british tone?

i would personally go for a DSL for what you said though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Orange Tiny Terror?
Carvin V3M?

Carvin V3m will be very hard to beat , if it all in this price range
Im not very familiar with the difference between the two tones. Can you explain them?