i use very heavy strings for the tunings i use (on the lower strings of course) and i like my lower strings to have more tension but still possible to bend (that's why i only use 24.75 guitars) but i can't find very much 24.75 7's the only one i found is a epiphone matt heafy les paul 7 string but i want others

and sorry for my bad grammar i have asperger's syndrome and i'm used to typing like this
Last edited by jonathanlerner13 at Nov 9, 2015,
The Matt Heafy LP is the only one I know of.
i like my lower strings to have more tension but still possible to bend

Physics doesn't work like that.

The reason the strings are easier to bend is specifically because they are under a lower degree of tension. You are not going to have one without the other.

And what makes a guitar's extended scale make the strings so hard to bend? The difference in tension between a longer scale like 26.5 (for example) and 24.75 isn't exactly night and day. If you have any reasonable amount of finger strength (which you naturally will if you're a decently experienced guitar player) then you'll be able to bend the strings without any real problem.

24.75" 7 strings are very uncommon for good reason. Having a scale that short is problematic when you use the heavy string gauges that are required for the low B of a 7. The shorter the scale is, the heavier the gauge has to be for the same amount of tension when tuned to pitch. And having a scale be so short requires the 7th string to be so thick that lot of the high end from that string is lost as it vibrates, causing the guitar to sound very dull and muddy.

I suggest that you get used to playing with longer scales.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 9, 2015,
Hm, kinda as said above, if you're looking for more tension, then the answer would rather be a longer scale? Unless I'm missing something.

There's also the PRS SE Custom 24 7-string which is 25", and even though the scale length is not everyone's favourite, never heard anything but good things about it. And it's PRS so it's gorgeous as usual (that blue finish <3 ).
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There's no point in trying to convince a moron.
Gibson came out with a Les Paul Standard 7 string model that's 24.75" (it's also like 2 grand USD). But as T00DEEPBLUE said, string tension and intonation are going to be an issue when you have a scale that short. It's doable, but given the option with scale lengths out there going with a longer scale on a 7 string is preferable. I always thought 7 strings should be at least 26" scale (or at least 26" scale on the 7th string if you have a multiscale). That way you don't have to use super thick strings and can retain high end. I was using 70s on the 7th string in B standard on a 25.5" scale to keep the same tension as a 52 in E on the same scale.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Last edited by TheStig1214 at Nov 9, 2015,
Gibson's also got a V or Exploder or somesuch 7-string...

They're not very good with headstocks on some of these...

Last edited by dspellman at Nov 9, 2015,
Quote by dspellman
Gibson's also got a V or Exploder or somesuch 7-string...

They're not very good with headstocks on some of these...

cool but can you send me a link to where to buy them?
Quote by jonathanlerner13
cool but can you send me a link to where to buy them?

You have a vast Internet before you, my son.
Seek. And You Shall Find.

With a single Google search, Musician's Friend has a slightly blemished 7-string LP (Open Box) for $1999. The Music Zoo has a black 7-string V for $1181.

Do the Work.
Quote by dspellman
You have a vast Internet before you, my son.
Seek. And You Shall Find.

With a single Google search, Musician's Friend has a slightly blemished 7-string LP (Open Box) for $1999. The Music Zoo has a black 7-string V for $1181.

Do the Work.

ok thanks i just found where to buy them before i saw your reply just now the gibson les paul 7 i found a used one on musicians friend and the flying v and explorer on gibson's website but thanks anyway
Quote by dspellman
Exploder

Was that intentional
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There's no point in trying to convince a moron.