I've recently got back into playing after a couple of years, and feel a new amp is just what I need to put the spark back into guitar for me.

The Micro Terror rather excites me, but I'm concerned that it may be a bit too loud when other people are in the house. I know it has a headphone jack but in truth I hate playing with headphones.

So what can I expect in terms of low volume playing from it?
Amps have volume controls.
Big amps have volume controls as well.
Simply use them if you want to turn the volume down.

Also know that the fact that a smaller amp will sound better than a bigger amp when played at low volumes is a myth, so base your decision on how the amp sounds and its features instead of its power.

The micro terror in particular isn't a great amp if ya ask me.
If you want to ask what amp to get you may wanna go into the rules and resources sticky, go to the second post, and then update your message with these info.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I've found that any amp I've owned (ranging from below 1 up to 50w of power) has been clearly and annoyingly audible throughout the house when I play it, no matter how low I set the volume. That's just how it is. I've resigned myself to just not playing in the middle of the night.

Some people use modelling amplifiers, speaker-sims, cab-impulses and what not to get a good tone with headphones. I've tried some of that and none of it has worked convincingly, so I tend to believe that headphones are just rubbish for guitar. Funnily enough, my good headphones (Sennheiser HD-280 Pro) produced much more garish results than 12€ ear-buds. Make of that what you will.

My recommendation is to get an amp that you like the sound of and just turn the volume down. Built in attenuators are imo not a very useful feature for home use. Small amps also often come with built-in line-outs and speaker-sims to help with home recording, or to hook up amps to a PA without mic'ing. I've used them this way with great results, but with headphones? Rubbish.
They get a bad rap but I like the micro terror personally - its £99. Whats not to like?

It sounds a lot better than the crappy peavey practise amp I had when I first started out on guitar, and pretty sure I paid about the same price.

Get yourself a nice speaker to hook it up to and it will work for you at low bedroom volume. I use an old G12S model speaker with mine and it is perfect for it. You cant expect tonal nirvana from a £99 amp, but it does its job well in my opinion.

Its true you can use a 50w or 100w head in your bedroom, but budget for pedals and effects too...
Bygone Tones
Vintage Guitar Speakers & Cabinets
Quote by bygone_tones
They get a bad rap but I like the micro terror personally - its £99. Whats not to like?

It sounds a lot better than the crappy peavey practise amp I had when I first started out on guitar, and pretty sure I paid about the same price.

Get yourself a nice speaker to hook it up to and it will work for you at low bedroom volume. I use an old G12S model speaker with mine and it is perfect for it. You cant expect tonal nirvana from a £99 amp, but it does its job well in my opinion.

Its true you can use a 50w or 100w head in your bedroom, but budget for pedals and effects too...

Yea I don't get the hate for Orange's Micro Terror/Dark. There's a lot of budget minded guitarists out there. Sure there's many quality amps aside from what Orange offers but for the money you get some pretty killer sounds out these tiny little amps. Plus they're hybrid heads, so it's almost like a way to get your feet wet with tube stuff. I feel like playing through a proper cab helps the heads shine even more. Some people refuse to acknowledge that they're pretty decent amplifiers though. I love how they sound.
If it was my money I'd add an extra £30 and get the Micro Dark, with the added bonus of effects loop and improved headphone out, if you want to use it. Depends which cab your using, it can sound really good imo. Cleans up nice too.
Thanks for the responses.

I'll have to check out the Micro Dark, I didn't realise it had an effects loop!