Page 1 of 2
I thought this question would be more interesting.

do you think going to a strip club is sleazy? does it depend on the club? does it depend on who you are going with or why? does it depend on the person? does it depend on the strippers?

discuss.

(I am personally very ambivalent. I think women's bodies are beautiful and I don't think there should be anything wrong with enjoying them. however, the only strip club around where I live is in west va and I don't know how much of a "choice" it was for these women to strip in comparison to high-profile dancers in vegas. my roommate grew up in the same town as the club and hung out with as well as dated some of the dancers and shit was crazy, yall. the whole thing just didn't seem very appealing or sexy and I don't plan on going to that club. there was another club that my friend went to in brazil that was super fancy (the dancers were also synchronized swimmers and there were several pools in the club) but there was a lot of under-the-table prostitution and the girls kept trying to get with my friend since he was white and they thought he had money. he said this one girl kept calling herself "tequila" and asking him if he wanted her. while that club seems like it would be cool to see, it would also be hard for me to have fun with everything else involved.

tl;dr want to be able to go to place with sexy nude girls without it being yucky, but often only hear of yuckiness)
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Of course it's sleazy. That's half the fun.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Depends on the club, but for the most part yes.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
depends on if you make it rain to ask for more thats p sleazy but if someone wants to put on a show than thats their thing and if watching it is yours then fine but idk i feel trying to push them is a bit much
Strip joints aren't for me. Not to say I wouldn't ever go to one for the banter, but that's not the type of atmosphere I prefer.

Also I learned only recently that dancing poles are not fixed and actually rotate
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Nov 9, 2015,
Quote by tateandlyle at #33674412
idk ask them

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I've only been once. It felt sleazy, but I'd go a lot more frequently IF YOUR MOM WORKED THERE HEY-O!
Quote by tateandlyle
idk ask them

hey club are you sleazy?? or
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Yeah it is sleazy

Also where is the poll

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I agree with what you're kind of saying OP. Going to strip clubs is sleazy simply because strip clubs are sleazy. Show me a non-sleazy strip club and I guess it wouldn't be.
depends if ur going there with like ur 1 guy friend. If a bunch of you are hammered and some girls are with you and you guys go its not as sleez
Yeah, they're sleazy. Never been, never will.
Check out my band Disturbed
It's whatever, but it seems like most patrons of them are sleazy.
My God, it's full of stars!
It depends, but in my experience they can be fairly classy. I have some mildly entertaining stories that I don't feel like sharing right now - nothing crazy, but it's usually a fun time. It definitely depends on all the things you've mentioned. If you go to a dingy local place with dejected-looking performers and it's filled with drunk bros, yeah it's sleazy.

I've also dated multiple girls who worked as exotic dancers - one was a good friend who tried it for a while and found it sleazy and quit; the other was actually from a super rich family and did it for fun. I'm pretty okay with that type of career path, but I never actually visited either one while she was at work. That might have been weird.
It's sleazy and it's also expensive, but if you pretend you don't have any money maybe someone else will pay your entrance fee/buy you a small bottle of beer that costs almost double what a pint would cost at a pub

Fun fact: I've been to some strip club twice (because my friends really wanted to for some reason) and on one of the trips there was some girl pole dancing there who went to our school
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
It's sleazy and it's also expensive, but if you pretend you don't have any money maybe someone else will pay your entrance fee/buy you a small bottle of beer that costs almost double what a pint would cost at a pub

Fun fact: I've been to some strip club twice (because my friends really wanted to for some reason) and on one of the trips there was some girl pole dancing there who went to our school

I've been to some of the strip clubs in Edinburgh several times, because stag do's.

Really not going to go into one otherwise, because other places sell better drink cheaper, and I've seen tits before.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Depends what YOUR definition of sleazy is...everyone has different moral values...
Some seedy strip clubs are just downright dirty...anything goes. But the classier and more upscale joints are a little less sleazy.
That being said I've never been to strip club that I didn't consider to be "sleazy". And I been to alot of em.
Quote by chrismendiola
Never been, maybe I oughta try it one time, but it doesn't seem like my thang.

I feel the same way. I might go just to see what it's like, but I can't see myself loving it
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Never been, and can't really see myself enjoying it at all, but I'd go if someone wanted to be a movie cliche and had their bachelor party at one I guess. I can't really see anyone I know wanting to though.

Most people I see going into them look sleazy af though
Last edited by WCPhils at Nov 9, 2015,
Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33674596
I've been to some of the strip clubs in Edinburgh several times, because stag do's.

Really not going to go into one otherwise, because other places sell better drink cheaper, and I've seen tits before.

Quote by WCPhils
Never been, and can't really see myself enjoying it, but I'd go if someone wanted to be a movie cliche and had their bachelor party at one I guess

Most people I see going into them look sleazy af though

Noone would have the party there unless they were fucking loaded(or unless it was seriously skeevy). They're a place to go for an hour or so, and pay a couple of the strippers like $100 to humiliate the groom.

Was on one stag do, and just after we arrived, another guy got that treatment. Had candle wax dripped on his nipples and got his pubes waxed up on the stage, shit like that.

Never seen anyone sober up as fast as the stag.

Quote by ultimate-slash

At the strip club, they're mostly badly done fakes. They look a bit like d20s.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by institutions
incredibly.
never want to enter one tbh.

Didn't you have an avatar of a very young child very sparsely covered?
Free Ali
Free Lard
Depends if the way the media portrays strip clubs is accurate

I have to go on that because I've never been to one
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Sleazy or not, it's definitely something I feel that I've matured past.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I mean the place I'm applying at has been busted by cops numerous times, but Camelot in DC seems alright.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I mean the place I'm applying at has been busted by cops numerous times, but Camelot in DC seems alright.

Let us ride.... to Camelot!

Quote by Diemon Dave
totally depends on the club. been to more than a few dive strip clubs that were pretty sleazy. been to a few really nice clubs that cater to high end businessmen and those were actually pretty classy. of course this can be said of any bars not just strip clubs.

around here we have a couple of fairly nice clubs and there are still a couple of the sleazy ones still going. one of the sleaziest was located right in the neighborhoos i grew up in so no suprise i spent more than a little of my youth there (back when drinking age was 18 and they weren't very strict about it). lot of bikers and drug dealers frquented the place. had a guy right next to me shot one night (by a friend of a friend that came out with us). the classy clubs are in the suburbs and are fairly strict on who they let in. haven't been in many years though.
Its eazy if you know a i meanzy ya dig? you need to bring tree feazy to make it sleazy!
Quote by Trowzaa
Why do you and your mates all drive old vehicles?
Please say you've got mates with old ambulances and fire engines too. That'd be brilliant.
I wouldn't enjoy paying a stranger to dance for me

entirely different from someone wanting to dance/strip for mutual pleasure
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
basically if I ever get roped into going to a strip club I want scar jo to rescue me

But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
it depends on the location. Asking the Pit what they think about strip clubs is like asking too much
Page 1 of 2