I have istrobosoft for ios which appears accurate at times but does not lock on to the notes well. i am looking for an accurate tuner which tracks the notes well (when I play a b, it tunes to b instead of jumping between reading the cents off of g or a or something). The polytune 2 looks accurate as it has strobe function and .1 cent (like istrobosoft..) and I would be happy with that capability if I can get a tuner that doesn't jump around.

Looking for both accuracy and non-jumpiness. Other recommendations are welcome, but I am spoiled on having less than 1 cent accuracy so I will not budge there.

Thank you!
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
Love Polytune. Super easy to see in any light, fast, accurate. Done!
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I've had the Polytune 2 Mini (Noir, it's so cute and pretty <3 ) for a longer while now, and it works awesome. I also prefer the strobe mode, it indeed reacts quite fast but definitely doesn't jump all over the place. If that's of any interest to you, I play 7-string and it handles even tuning the low A without any issues, so it's definitely good to say the least.

And the polytune mode is seriously addictive. Be warned.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There's no point in trying to convince a moron.
Awesome. Thanks for the advice. I'll ask this for an early Christmas present for me then (I'm 30 and live abroad but we all still give presents).
Ready and aimed at you
We salute you
Oops stumbled upon TC Electronics' site saying polytune clip is more accurate than polytune 2. Looking at the st-300 mini turbo tuner (above budget) now..
Ready and aimed at you
We salute you
I have the Polytune 2 on my pedalboard, used it everyday for a year now, nice pro quality gear, best of it's kind, i don't really use it as a polyphonic tuner whatever that is because you still tune up one string at a time anyways, and it seems to me that it is not entirely accurate when using polyphonic mode, overall a little better than the Boss tuner and more accurate.
Quote by King Shredder
I have the Polytune 2 on my pedalboard, used it everyday for a year now, nice pro quality gear, best of it's kind, i don't really use it as a polyphonic tuner whatever that is because you still tune up one string at a time anyways, and it seems to me that it is not entirely accurate when using polyphonic mode....

Ditto all of the above
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
Quote by King Shredder
I have the Polytune 2 on my pedalboard, used it everyday for a year now, nice pro quality gear, best of it's kind, i don't really use it as a polyphonic tuner whatever that is because you still tune up one string at a time anyways, and it seems to me that it is not entirely accurate when using polyphonic mode, overall a little better than the Boss tuner and more accurate.

I just use the polytune mode to see which strings are out of tune (if any) and then just tune them one at a time. That's the great part, you don't need to check one string at a time to see which ones are off. Using the polytune mode to tune in real-time is not very practical, I think, it's more like an overview.

Quote by 21GunSalute
Oops stumbled upon TC Electronics' site saying polytune clip is more accurate than polytune 2. Looking at the st-300 mini turbo tuner (above budget) now..

Honestly, if I recall correctly that might be the case but the difference is so nitpicky you'd probably never notice in real life.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There's no point in trying to convince a moron.
Clip ons are friggin useless on a stage. Personally, I like the Korg Pitchblack.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Clip ons are friggin useless on a stage. Personally, I like the Korg Pitchblack.

Negative Cath, the Polytune clip-on is friggin awesome on stage. I have been using one for the last 2 months for acoustic gigs and it rocks. It works equally well with my Tele but I just haven't pulled the Boss tuner off my pedal board yet. Polytune kills Boss tuners.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

You obviously aren't playing next to a loud bassist. I was using a korg clip on at one stage and every time I was tuning he'd hit a note and would swamp it totally.
Clip ons may be ok if you are playing acoustically but in a loud band, give me a pedal every time.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You obviously aren't playing next to a loud bassist. I was using a korg clip on at one stage and every time I was tuning he'd hit a note and would swamp it totally.
Clip ons may be ok if you are playing acoustically but in a loud band, give me a pedal every time.

Don't knock it till you have tried the Polytune. It also worked great on my Tele while at a loud racetrack jam. I was floored by this thing. If a bass player is noodling at 130 db while I am trying to tune I just reach over and unplug his axe. Sympathetic resonance of a guitar can overwhelm even a pedal tuner if it is loud enough.

Last edited by Cajundaddy at Nov 11, 2015,
OK. But still - no mute.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
OK. But still - no mute.

No mute on the clip-on but it will tune with guitar volume at zero so there is a simple workaround. Someone did their homework and developed a handy piece of kit.

Yeah maybe. Gotta say though that I'm skeptical that a big bass rig wouldn't swamp it. My bassist was using an 800W 6x10 mark bass rig. That's so very loud.
I don't know but I am very skeptical.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100