Page 1 of 2
I'd say technology has enhanced music.

The youth and media have fucked up music while using these advancements.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Glenn Fricker is a fucking douchebag. Reamping, Drum Triggers, and Autotune are all fantastic tools. The problem is people trying to use the same tool for every job.
He doesn't seem to understand the point of autotune or sampled drums lol what an idiot

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Lazy, uninspired people will find ways to be lazy no matter what. Auto-tune or not.

Technology is the reason why we can do so much with music in the first place.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yes it has ruined music. I never use it when I do anything with music. In fact I don't even listen to music unless it is a live performance, so as you can probably tell it is quite difficult to listen to my favourite artists on the go
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by steve_muse
Yes it has ruined music. I never use it when I do anything with music. In fact I don't even listen to music unless it is a live performance, so as you can probably tell it is quite difficult to listen to my favourite artists on the go

Live performance? Too much technology. I send a carrier pigeon to my favourite artists to arrange a meet up so they can describe the music to me. In person. Phones are too much technology.
No that's ridiculous.

We have access to recording tools that have improved music production dramatically and made good quality production more accessible than ever and that's a brilliant thing. People just need to learn how to properly apply those tools.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 10, 2015,
Quote by steve_muse
so as you can probably tell it is quite difficult to listen to my favourite artists on the go

Not if you're all going the same way!

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Baby Joel
best autotune hmu

huu

this is autotune perfected to an art form

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
What have fans done to "deserve" anything really.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Imagine it though. Access to a world of sound beyond anything you could dream of, and squabbling about which particular ways you make music with wood and metal.
rim needs to be destroyed so fuckcrumpets like this no longer have anything to complain about
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
no, it has not
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by tateandlyle
Imagine it though. Access to a world of sound beyond anything you could dream of, and squabbling about which particular ways you make music with wood and metal.

be quiet will how can u express vague qualities like emotion feel and passion through the press of a button u robot

Quote by EndTheRapture51
be quiet will how can u express vague qualities like emotion feel and passion through the press of a button u robot

huu making the note go up and down slightly is how u tell people how u feel
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
music is a terrible medium for expressing things. much better used for function i.e. dance music.
Quote by tateandlyle
music is a terrible medium for expressing things. much better used for function i.e. dance music.

Does everyone but me have a multi these days? I wanna be cool.
Technology has vastly lowered the barriers of entry, for better and worse.

It has created many new opportunities for many people, and at the same time it has eliminated jobs for many other people. The culture of music has been enriched, but at the same time it has been diluted by the sheer number of contributions.

So like most things, it's a mixed bag.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by K33nbl4d3
huu making the note go up and down slightly is how u tell people how u feel

wiggle it around a bit

get in touch with the note

Quote by EndTheRapture51
huu

this is autotune perfected to an art form

i thought that was a vocoder
Same thing god damn it ean

(i know it isnt)

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Except that Ray of Light was the one of the best albums of the 90s.
Earth 2 was better

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Except that Ray of Light was the one of the best albums of the 90s.

The same claim can be made for whatever bullshit Britney Spears put out in the 90s.

Me personally, I'd say Last Splash by the Breeders was far superior to either of those.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Nov 10, 2015,
Quote by Xiaoxi
Technology has vastly lowered the barriers of entry, for better and worse.

It has created many new opportunities for many people, and at the same time it has eliminated jobs for many other people. The culture of music has been enriched, but at the same time it has been diluted by the sheer number of contributions.

So like most things, it's a mixed bag.

Yeah

Also, Glenn Fricker is a cringey idiot who occasionally has good advice when it comes to recording.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Is the guy an industry professional?
I know a lot of those type guys that are like, "This new way sucks because I'm not making as much money!"

You see a lot of people in the filmmaking business that were making bank in the 90s with the same attitude about new technology.
My grandpops used to say Elvis ruined music.
He was the first person to bring music for white mainstream teenagers and children, before that music was made for adults and kids thought it was some old nerdy stuff like reading a book.
Quote by EyeNon15
My grandpops used to say Elvis ruined music.
He was the first person to appropriate blues from people who actually had something to say and repackage it (read: disrespect it) to be nice and accessible for white mainstream teenagers and children, before that music was not shallow, meaningless shit about fucking hound dogs
fixed :3
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
fixed :3

don't you think that's a bit racist against white people?

they're dying out, you know :\
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Even the bare appearance of the guy in that video is everything I hate about modern music
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by K33nbl4d3
don't you think that's a bit racist against white people?

they're dying out, you know :\
ikr :/
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Page 1 of 2