Stated in the title. I have had this thing for a long time now and I dont seem to have a good metal tone. My rhythm sounds pretty good, but my lead sounds like a baby screaming its last breath (and not in the good way).

I realize Im not the best at playing and that might be where most of my tone sounding like shit is, but I would like to address as may other issus to make sure that it is me.

So who has any suggestions on settings?
Look up some settings for your amp based on a lead guitarist that you really like and tweak from there?

Quote by Blckspawn
My rhythm sounds pretty good, but my lead sounds like a baby screaming its last breath (and not in the good way).

Based on this I'd say Kerry King lead settings?
I have the 120 tube. I can post a pic of my main lead setting but it will be Friday, my rig is stripped down at the moment and my sanpera isn't here. Let me know and I'll post it Friday about this time.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
Quote by crackerjack123
I have the 120 tube. I can post a pic of my main lead setting but it will be Friday, my rig is stripped down at the moment and my sanpera isn't here. Let me know and I'll post it Friday about this time.

If you could that would be awesome.
Ok. This is my main lead sound. First Pic shows settings for the amp. REC.
Second shows delay and verb settings accessed by pressing effects knob.

It's probably a bit Gainy for some, but I didn't say it was the best lead sound ever, I said it was my lead sound. Works with my emgs, 245's and screaming demon pickups. My strat doesn't like it much though.

Sorry about the poor pictures. My phone sucks.
Attachments:
IMAG0399_resize.jpg
IMAG0400_resize.jpg
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
Last edited by crackerjack123 at Nov 24, 2015,