Hi, So basically I use my Blackstar ID100 head as my main amp for practicing/ recording and playing gigs. Its a nice versatile amp but I miss that tube tone (however the tube amps I have owned in the past have been overkill i.e. 100+ watts). So ideally I am looking for something that can be used at home and gigging preferably with 2 channels and an FX loop. My budget is around £300. My ideal tones are stuff like Murderdolls, Wednesday 13, later Blitzkid,The misfits etc but would also like some decent cleans. I have been looking at amps such as the JCA22H, JCA50H, Bugera G20, Bugera T50, Randall RD20H. MY other option would be to buy an even smaller tube amp for home practice/recording (such as a palmer eins, Bugera T5, Mooer Little Monster, Randall RD1, Blackstar HT1, Bugera G5 or even an Orange Micro Dark) and continue using my Blackstar ID for gigs until I can afford a tube amp for gigging.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be muchly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
From what you listed the Jet City stuff, maybe grab an overdrive too. And the stuff diabolical listed
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL50
Laney VH100r

These would be on my list to try first
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Cheers Guys, Iv got a Maxon Od808 if it helps. I hear alot of people moanign about the Jet City fx loops though, what is exactly wrong with them?
Quote by Moon1n1te
Cheers Guys, Iv got a Maxon Od808 if it helps. I hear alot of people moanign about the Jet City fx loops though, what is exactly wrong with them?

they're line level and not after all of the preamp distortion in the amp.

a few of the models have better fx loops, though, i think. the 22, maybe, but don't quote me on that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for all the replies, Im looking at the Randall RD amps just now, the RD20 seems to have all the features i listed. Any opinions on these?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Haven't tried the Mofo, but Hayden is now the extension of Ashdown and I do own an Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 head that I quite like for the $ I paid. Worth checking out at least.
Most Randalls I've listened to have been buzzy and fizzy for a lack of better description. I only liked their modular designs but they discontinued these.
Quote by diabolical
Haven't tried the Mofo, but Hayden is now the extension of Ashdown and I do own an Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 head that I quite like for the $ I paid. Worth checking out at least.
Most Randalls I've listened to have been buzzy and fizzy for a lack of better description. I only liked their modular designs but they discontinued these.

Yeah, I tried an original MOFO when they were MIE and it was decent. But I have not seen one in years

The new Randall Diavlo series is designed by Mike Fortin and he is pretty much a badass in the high gain world.

I look at it as Randall's version of what Jet City has done with Soldano. Take a well respected amp maker and have him design your line but make them overseas to cut costs.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Ok so I am 90 percent heading towards the Randall, Will the 20 cut it at gigs or will I need to go for the 45. the only other chocie i can see at my sorta prices is to go the clean amp + pedal route.

Thanks alot for all the replies and opinions so far guys.
Ok so I double checked the price of the 40 watter and it's just out of range atm. So it's wait or go for the 20 or look at something else. So far iv seen the Bugeras stuff such as the 1990 333 or 6260 but I would worry about them being to loud for bedroom use or I could trade my backstay towards an ENGL gigmaster 30. Anyvthoughts? Also as a wildcard I may be able to afford one of the Krank minis shipped from the US.
Last edited by Moon1n1te at Nov 18, 2015,
Yeah I owned a 333 for several years and it was in the shop at least once a year with pretty major issues. I was lucky and my brother is my amp tech, but if it was like everyone else it would have cost way more than the amp was new.

Sounded great, just not reliable
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Hmmm, so more watts, without breaking the bank, brings me back t the JCA50H....and I jsut struggle to get past the line level FX loop. Ideally I was wanting something with a bit less of a footprint than your average head aswell but that seeming less and less likely. Cheers Again though buddy
Quote by Moon1n1te
Hmmm, so more watts, without breaking the bank, brings me back t the JCA50H....and I jsut struggle to get past the line level FX loop. Ideally I was wanting something with a bit less of a footprint than your average head aswell but that seeming less and less likely. Cheers Again though buddy

Honestly how much would you use an FX loop? I have had one on most of my amps, because everyone said I needed it at first, and I have really never used one to the point of absolutely needing one.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I guess so, and I have read that some pedals DO work with the JCA you just have to be careful which ones.

Though atm I am seriously considering keeping on with the Blackstar for gigs and getting a nice tube amp for home playing.

Had a look around seems my ZOOM g3 will work in the loop of the jet city(Hell yeah!!). So i think im gonna get the Jet city JCA50H and then try and find another small amp for noodling at home (orange micro terror maybe) keep my ID aswell for a backup and whatever else .

Thanks for all the replies guys .
Last edited by Moon1n1te at Nov 18, 2015,
I find fx loop indispensable for lead sounds, I usually throw in an analog echo or DD3 in there for leads, but I don't necessarily need it, I have Orange Tiny Terror that I use a lot and it has no fx pedal, I just boost the front section and solo that way. It is a bit drier but works well.