I'm looking to buy a new amp to use with my Strat. I don't gig or play in a band or anything. I only play at home. What would be a good amp for me? I like Hendrix and Clapton tone. My budget is €400.
vox valvetronix. It has loads of amp models on it. as does line 6 spider.
Both pretty inexpensive.
I'd also check out Orange
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Quote by iamgillianv
I'm looking to buy a new amp to use with my Strat. I don't gig or play in a band or anything. I only play at home. What would be a good amp for me? I like Hendrix and Clapton tone. My budget is €400.

Vintage rock tone including Hendrix, Clapton, and Gilmour on the cheap? Fender Super Champ X2. My personal fav practice amp with pretty great tone.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by iamgillianv
Isn't 15 watt tube amp too loud for home use?

Not if it has a volume knob.

The "best" bedroom amp is whatever you can afford that gives you the tone that you're seeking. It's not about wattage, size, tubes or anything else, that's just window dressing.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
If you need very low volumes then go with amp sims on the computer or a processor like a Line6 POD HD500x with monitor headphones and/or bookshelf speakers.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
If i buy the Super Champ X2 and i would find it too loud. I can still buy an attenuator, right?
Quote by iamgillianv
If i buy the Super Champ X2 and i would find it too loud. I can still buy an attenuator, right?

It has a built-in attenuator, but we usually call it a volume knob.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by iamgillianv

I've only played with this amp for a little bit in the store. I definitely don't think that you will find it too loud. I don't believe it has a headphone jack if that is something you are looking for.
I agree with the whatever amp is going to fit your sound in that price point kind of logic but if it were me I'd be looking in to the Orange Micro Terror. It looks like a neat little amp, I rock an OR 15 and that just sounds beautiful no matter how you set it up.
Quote by iamgillianv
Isn't 15 watt tube amp too loud for home use?

I use mine mostly at home or as a small practice amp with friends. The volume control does work well and preserves the tone. If you need "quiet as a mouse" you want a Pod and headphones, not an amp. No amp really sounds good at super low apartment levels. Amps are designed to amplify and that is what they do best. Go try out a few and see what you think.

Wattage is irrelevent.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Quote by Arby911
It has a built-in attenuator, but we usually call it a volume knob.

The built in attenuator comment gave me a real good laugh thank you for that one The fender amp mentioned is what I'm going to pick up sometime this coming year, though I would love an Orange Dark Terror at some point. I think the fender has a lot of good tones and is perfect for me as I'm in the same situation- I'm not in a band or playing clubs solo or anything like that, and cranking up the marshall is fun but not for my everyday practice/jam. I'd see if any store around you has a few smaller amps and try them out with a guitar close to what you have just to see if theres something thats closer to what you want, but I think the fender will surprise you.
Blackstar ID: Core 10, 20, or 40.

All the same exact features. Great Value for the money.
peavey vypyr are nice modeling amps, sound nice at low volume load of option to mess around to get the tone you want, headphones jack and pretty cheap too