I've managed to somehow get a tiny smudge of blue ballpoint pen on my lovely new white tele, just two days after getting it. Its small but annoying, I've tried a flannel and hot water and my finger but it isn't coming off.

I'd like to know how, without damaging the white itself!?
Please help
Last edited by stowe07 at Nov 12, 2015,
Naptha, aka cigarette lighter fluid.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Hand sanitizer works quite well. Also gets permanent marker off of white boards, but that's a different matter.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Thank you for all the help from everyone here as usual! The lightfuel didn't do a great job. But I very, very, very carefuly used some acetone to get it to a level where you can only see if you searched for it. Acetone is a risk, but the small amount was worth it.

nothing beats results
Last edited by ad_works at Nov 12, 2015,
Quote by dragonzrmetal
Can I ask how you got biro on your tele? 0.o

I must've been writing with it on and accidently touched it.
Quote by Tony Done
^^^^ It there any indication that it etched the surface?

A risk with strong solvents like acetone is that you can fix the stain into the surface, and that would make it very difficult to get off with milder solvents.

The stain wasn't coming off with the alternatives. I stopped using the acetone as soon as I noticed a tiny bit of white coming off the finish. It's not been perfectly removed, but it's pretty much 95% unnoticable.
Tcut. It will also polish out any damage the acetone has done to the surface,
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
those little alcohol pads are great, should get the rest of it off. also great for cleaning any gunk off of the body and for cleaning your fretboard but only do that if youre going to slap on some fretboard conditioner right after.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab