Page 1 of 2
I was wondering how you feel about this in general. It can be about how you would feel about it yourself or how you feel about others in such a situation. This is assuming that both parties of legal age. This isn't a 30 year teacher and a 15 year old student statutory rape situation but rather between consenting, legal adults.

We'll also assume that both parties are single. Does a current vs a past professor make a difference? This could be any type of relationship, whether it is a one time encounter, a regular sexual thing, or dating. This would be based on actual interest in each other rather than some blackmail or "extra credit" type deal.

I am curious to how all of you feel this and I ask because I have a big crush on one of my professors. She is divorced and about 10 years older than I am. I am not looking to actively pursue anything. But if she ever came onto me, I would not turn her down.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
it has ethical concerns in the same way that a relationship with your boss would have. beyond that, whatever.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
i would 100% lol but i would never make the first move and i would never do it while she was my prof. i had a giant crush on one of my profs that i had in 2nd and 4th years, she was a rocket/10 and we got on real well but nothin was ever gonna happen there
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
If I ever ran into my AP English teacher from high school I'd probably take a run at her.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
When I was in 10th grade (age 15) I had this Biology teacher who had the nick name "Big Booty Remy." She was a cute black lady with a slim figure but a real nice booty. She was always real nice to me, called me talented and one time while doodling stuff she stood next to me and was keeping her thigh real close to me leg pressing against me. Like REAL close.

Sadly there was never any "can I see you after class moments" I woulda smashed that tho.
Quote by The_Blode
^ I mean...yeah, it's not bad...but Would you try and shrink her and then eat her?

I bet you can turn every thread topic into an opportunity to make people uncomfortable.
It's definitely not appropriate but I would totally want to. I'd wait until the semester ends, maybe, because who wants to deal with all of the complications?
Quote by The_Blode
but last time I checked, theogonia was into that...

It's not any less weird when theogonia777 talks about it, and you know I'm not just talking about your vore fetish.
Theo also specializes in making people uncomfortable.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Relations with your professor is a bit weird because there's usually QUITE an age gap, however technically it's okay as long as marking is anonymous and there's no breath of academic ethics

I know quite a few people who had relations with their PhD student supervisor during our Masters year

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by The_Blode
^ I mean, yeah...I get it...but in the current circumstances, it's a hypothetical situation...and you can add any amount of colour into the mix that you like...I mean, yeah...you say I'm unconfortable...but I'm earning my money and living life the way I choose now...I just sold a lot of Fire Sticks! Still love ya Chris...

I have no idea what you just said.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Theo also specializes in making people uncomfortable.

I look at it as less of a specialty and more of a byproduct.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by The_Blode
^ that's what I was referring to about always criticising my posts Chris...I mentioned that a few days ago...:P vore isn't everyone's cup of tea...but last time I checked, theogonia was into that...so yeah, I mean...if you feel uncomfortable reading it...what can I say? Don't read it again... :P but yeah, if that makes you feel uncomfortable that it is a bit unusual...

No one cares about your weird fetish
I recently just closed a case that I filed against my undergraduate advisor in the Spring. they ended up finding a TON of shit on him, but I don't think I would have said anything if I hadn't later gone to grad school at the same school and seen him pull the same shit on undergrad girls that he did on me and my peers.

I think that if a professor is in any sort of authority position over a student, that it is completely unethical, regardless of consensual attraction. and I really don't think any professors should be getting with any undergraduate students.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

iunno about profs but there's this lab assistant that's a qt and fairly young

i would hold her hand eagerly

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by vintage x metal
I think that if a professor is in any sort of authority position over a student, that it is completely unethical, regardless of consensual attraction. and I really don't think any professors should be getting with any undergraduate students.

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by vintage x metal

So what if they aren't in any sort of authority position? And what about graduate students?
Quote by theogonia777
So what if they aren't in any sort of authority position? And what about graduate students?

I think that is okay with graduate students who aren't under your authority
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
I have never had an attractive professor

I've had a ton. But I guess it's subjective, since I'm into chubby older women.
At our school, faculty cannot get in a relationship with any student unless it existed before one person became a faculty member/student
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I view all students as kids, even the ones twice my age. One kid came into my office hours all the time, sat real close to me, and kept asking if I had a boyfriend. Creepy shit.
I mean really, when you break it down, it's just two different people with two different career paths. Just because theirs is a path helping yours doesn't mean it needs to be a factor to judge by. Go for it.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Nov 13, 2015,
Quote by theogonia777
I've had a ton. But I guess it's subjective, since I'm into chubby older women.

nice

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
If she's hot I'd go for it fo sho.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Ippon
TAs are the best, specially those from overseas. You get to learn about their languages, cultures, etc.

oh I don't see any issue in a TA (usually a graduate student or undergraduate student) dating a student; TAs are usually students anyway

I do think it is wrong if that TA is grading your papers though (I am speaking as a TA... I feel weird even when friends of mine end up taking my classes and I have to grade them)
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I wouldn't do it because that would just feel awkward afterwards.
I have a crush on my boss, but that's different right?
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
Quote by WaterGod
I wouldn't do it because that would just feel awkward afterwards.

Imagine if you got feelings for her and she started banging other students in the class. Not good.
song stuck in my head today

TBH, it would be totally inappropriate to be knobbing/getting knobbed by(or gender equivalent) anyone who will be grading your work(as in coursework/exams, not judging you on technique/endurance or whatever).
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
It's in very poor taste as long as they're in a position of power over you, IMO, but after that who cares as long as everyone's consenting and of-age
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by guitarninjaruy
She wouldn't come on to you. Sorry but someone had to say it

Is that so?
Quote by guitarninjaruy
Its very much so?

Possibly?
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Page 1 of 2