While I enjoy rock music, I often find that the songs that get stuck in my head are pop songs. They're the songs that I want to sing all the time. I often wonder if it's possible for a song to get stuck in my head if its a rock song. What do you guys think? Can you think of any rock songs that make you want to dance or that get stuck in the your head?

P.S. A friend of mine, who plays heavy metal drums, says that The Hills by The Weeknd always gets stuck in his head.
It's not possible.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I don't think it's necessarily impossible. I mean you have:
Sammy Hagar - Your Love Is Driving Me Crazy
Smashing Pumpkins - Age of Innocence
The Police - Every Breath You Take
And a curve ball...
Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
Anything can be catchy. If you like it, you will most likely remember it (well, if you hate it, it doesn't mean you will forget it - sometimes it's quite the opposite).

And there are plenty of catchy hard rock songs.

Also:

Is it possible to have a catchy rock/ hard rock song?
I don't think it's necessarily impossible.

You just answered your own question.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by cdgraves
Anything you like is what will catch your ear. I'd guess you're just not a hard rock fan, if you don't find any of it catchy.

Oddly enough, hard rock is my favorite genre.
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Anything can be catchy. If you like it, you will most likely remember it (well, if you hate it, it doesn't mean you will forget it - sometimes it's quite the opposite).

And there are plenty of catchy hard rock songs.

Also:

You just answered your own question.

I mainly asked this question to gather other peoples opinions. This stuff really interests me.
Totally. There are catchy ambient songs.
123 Repeater
Repeater
123 Repeater
Repeater
Well, listen to some glam metal (for example Def Leppard or Bon Jovi). Listen to Metallica. Listen to Led Zeppelin. Listen to GN'R. Listen to Nirvana. Listen to Kiss. Actually, listen to any rock band that has sold tens of millions of records and I'm sure you will find some catchy songs.

Hard rock songs are getting stuck in my head all the time, more often than pop songs I would say. But that's just me (because I listen to rock music and I don't hear much pop - I don't listen to the radio).
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Nov 12, 2015,
Quote by N3WW4V3N1NJ4
It's called Hair Metal!

+1

Quote by MaggaraMarine

seriously, though, this.

that's a good point too- i was going to make it but you beat me to it. just because something is catchy doesn't necessarily mean it's a better song- there's good catchy (songs you love which get into your head) and bad catchy (songs you hate which get into your head). and everything else being equal, something simpler is likely more catchy than something more complex, but that doesn't necessarily mean the more complex song is worse.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by I K0nijn I
Queens of the Stone Age has loads, to just name one band.

I came here to post this, also Them Crooked Vultures. Cant go wrong with Homme, Grohl and JPJ together.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by robpm9995
I mainly asked this question to gather other peoples opinions. This stuff really interests me.

opinion thread. anser= yes.
Closed.
Si