I'm definitely getting it. It's going to be ordered today. It's going to be a keely Java boost.
Unless somebody can give me a better suggestion maybe I'll hold off and wait till tomorrow. I've gone through enough crap today.
It's supposed to be like a Dallas range master right? All I know is when I heard those early Eric Clapton records and those other guys who are using one I knew there was something special going on. At first I thought it was the old Marshall amps then I saw the same sound coming out of weird non-Marshall amps and thought WTF?
I want to play with that sound I need a new toy. I'm getting a really nice sound now for recording my stuff. But I want a new flavor.

I went to the dentist today. My tooth hurts when I bite down on it. I thought it was cracked but it is not. She said it was because of bone loss and I don't doubt that. My thing was my question is does bone loss happen overnight. The answer is no. So I said let's hold off on extraction for one month and see if it goes way.

When I don't bite down on it it doesn't hurt. I can feel a little agitation in there though, discomfort. It's from gritting my teeth. I've been doing that lately I know that's how it started. I catch myself doing it , I stop. Now I have pain to remind me to not do it.

I got my Christmas CDs recorded. I made a kick ass CD that I am including with this Christmas CD to mail to my family and friends for Christmas presents. I don't think I would've done a bowler know how much work was gonna take but it's done now. All the work and only expense. Everything is done except dropping them in the mail. The mailing packets cost a dollar 19 piece. She said it would be about 250 to mail them a piece $2.50 that is. I had the covers made by a friend of mine who works at Walmart photo. She really did a good job. She did a great job on my 2010 Christmas CD cover also. Another friend of mine an ex- bandmate wanted over $200 to do it. She was trying to start up a business doing that she's good on computers. She was DJ at the local public radio station good bass player plays in in a pretty good blues band she don't like anything but blues music. I could have been in that band because I'm not black I could play better than the guy who they did get but he's a good-looking young black guy so they got him. I did get to play some fill in gigs at the Ritz Carlton twice in the same month when the other guy could not make it. He plays the steel guitar! Like that one guy you've seen. I could describe how bad it is but I don't want to because it sickens me. What makes a band good as the lead singer he is really good and he plays harmonica really good too.

For the Christmas CD I have a picture of me standing in Times Square. For the kick ass CD I have the picture of my residence. It has giant sunflowers growing around it and it really nice wooden plank fence, not a picket fence. The fence is made of pine and it has a coating of deck protection sealant which colorizes it a nice light Brown, think leather light-colored leather. Rich Corinthian leather.
Last edited by yope at Nov 12, 2015,
Honestly I don't think it was ever confirmed that Clapton even used a Rangemaster on Beano. From what I understand, it was straight LP into JTM-45.

The Java Boost would be a modern version of it with way more options. IIRC if you want a more old school version in a stomp box (and not the big box version) then Analogman has the Beano boost that would get the job done.

Really though, you probably don't need a treble booster to get those kind of sounds now. You could probably get away with just playing with the EQ and cranking the gain. What amp are you using now?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Honestly I don't think it was ever confirmed that Clapton even used a Rangemaster on Beano. From what I understand, it was straight LP into JTM-45.

The Java Boost would be a modern version of it with way more options. IIRC if you want a more old school version in a stomp box (and not the big box version) then Analogman has the Beano boost that would get the job done.

Really though, you probably don't need a treble booster to get those kind of sounds now. You could probably get away with just playing with the EQ and cranking the gain. What amp are you using now?

pretty sure that eric did't use one on the mayall stuff. tony iommi reportedy did on the early sabbath stuff though. rory gallagher may have as well as he did use a treble boost at least on his early stuff. played through an original one years ago and wasn't all that impressed. you can get similar sounds out of most amps these days with no help.

oh and you're more likely to get better responses to something like this in the gear section. i often wonder if most of the people in the pit actually play guitar
Last edited by monwobobbo at Nov 12, 2015,
Yeah the only people I know that actually used it were Rory and May. Aside from that, Its a toss up.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Mesa boogie subway it has a line out expressly for going to a recording or mixing board. It has a mute switch for the speaker. I have been using that in conjunction with an xotic compressor for Stratocaster it doesn't seem to do much for a Gibson ES 339. I use a xotic AC plus pedal which is great but it's time for a new thing. With the Gibson into the AC plus pedal adding a lot of signal output and just a hint of drive into the Mesa boogie with the amp cranked... It doesn't have a master volume.. It sounds similar to Larry Carlton just a high-class rock sound. With the Stratocaster without the amp cranked and the compressor really classy Stratocaster sound in neck pickup or bridge/middle pickup. It even has a nice fat clean sound on the bridge pickup alone but it is home bugging bridge pickup.

The best one of those I heard on YouTube was called a,... Buffalo bi but I can't find where to purchase one. I will check out the RC. I listened to the Beano thought the Keely was little better but it's hard to tell.
Quote by tateandlyle
wtf is this lame shit?

Quote by monwobobbo
oh and you're more likely to get better responses to something like this in the gear section. i often wonder if most of the people in the pit actually play guitar

Yup, you seem to be correct again monwobobbo.
Quote by DQcrewmember
how do you ban people from posting in your threads?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."