Hi,

I got a new guitar a couple weeks ago and up until now its been great. But a couple of days ago it started playing up. Whenever I switch from my bridge pickup to another pickup, when I go to switch back, it will cut out completely, but if I flick it back and forth a couple of times the bridge pickup works again (the neck pickup always works). Any idea what this could be? I imagine it's some sort of wiring problem, and if so do you think it's an easy fix? If it helps, my guitar is an EC-1000 with EMG 81 pickup. Thanks
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
I would put money on the switch being a problem. Most likely contact cleaner will fix it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
+3 on intermittent switch, just light spray of contact cleaner on the switch and move switch blade back and forth.. then wipe away excess fluid.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
+4 on the switch. Contact cleaner could help, but if you're handy with a soldering iron a new switch is only like $10 - $15. It's a quick and easy fix.
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Alright I'll have a look at the connections and if everything looks alright I'll get some contact cleaner, thanks!
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H