You know that feeling when you've been pretty invested in a show and then all of the sudden

it's over.

And you're left with that emptiness of not having anything to do but you're not really ready to move on yet.

hmd
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Star Treks TNG and DS9 left a very tangible sense of "oof"

Breaking Bad

All damaged me
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

there are several shows i watched like 90% of and then stopped, because i don't want them to be over.
Fictional characters tend to grow on me.
Quote by DQcrewmember
how do you ban people from posting in your threads?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."
After I finished Narcos it's like what now.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Happened to me with Weeds.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

Watch LoK. Not as good, but still totally worth it.
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
Watch LoK. Not as good, but still totally worth it.

i don't know if i can...

too many feelings...

~~~

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
If "not as good" means "better in every way"
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by ErikLensherr
After I finished Narcos it's like what now.

Yeah this. Over the last couple of months I binged Firefly, then watched Narcos, now it's like.... what do I do with my life?
This thread should be a support group. Poster finishes a show, tells thread, thread suggest next show that should consume poster's life.

What Netflix thing should I binge next?
If you liked Firefly check out BSG it's like Firefly but depressing and nihilistic

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
If you liked Firefly check out BSG it's like Firefly but depressing and nihilistic

I'll give it a look. Cheers. I'm playing Fallout NV at the moment because I'm still in the 360 dark ages so depressing and nihilistic works for me.
The worst is shows that didn't get their full run. Firefly had so much more to give, Dollhouse was forced to rush itself and you can just tell while watching it if they had had even one more season they could have delivered something so strong. Constantine was just starting to find its feet when it got the chop. At least stuff like BSG, TNG, DS9 and BrBa were able to run long enough to do everything they wanted to

Also, Battlestar Galactica is literally nothing like Firefly, except for the fact that both are named after the central spaceship. BSG is far, far superior in every way.
Last edited by BelowTheSun at Nov 13, 2015,
It's the same feeling as reading a book and getting to the end, I'm used to it.

What bothers me is constant cliffhangers or other loose ends so that there is always a hint at the story going on if someone wants to throw money at it. I don't mind the occasional long running show but I generally prefer shows that decide an end point far in advance and build up to that end properly and actually end there, which is unfortunately very rare. The more common "Milking" a show until people stop caring or until the creators/actors want to quit just ends up creating disappointing conclusions.

I tend to stay away from book series with multiple books for this reason. From past experience, at some point it gets stretched out. Only exceptions are things like Discworld where it's more random stories in the universe rather than a never-ending saga.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by BelowTheSun
The worst is shows that didn't get their full run. Firefly had so much more to give, Dollhouse was forced to rush itself and you can just tell while watching it if they had had even one more season they could have delivered something so strong. Constantine was just starting to find its feet when it got the chop. At least stuff like BSG, TNG, DS9 and BrBa were able to run long enough to do everything they wanted to

Also, Battlestar Galactica is literally nothing like Firefly, except for the fact that both are named after the central spaceship. BSG is far, far superior in every way.

At least Firefly was cancelled before it disappeared up it's own ass to the sounds of a pointless cover of All Along The Watchtower like BSG did.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Firefly is overall better than BSG in my opinion because BSG became confusing and pretentious and plot holes and lost sight of what initially made the show compelling which was characters fighting for survival against all odds, and went for dramatic melodrama and weird religious messages instead

At its core, Firefly is more enjoyable because it's a bunch of great characters in space.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
house was that for me
Quote by slapsymcdougal
At least Firefly was cancelled before it disappeared up it's own ass to the sounds of a pointless cover of All Along The Watchtower like BSG did.

there must be some kind of way out of here

stfu starbuck
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I get that feeling after a wank tbh.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Firefly is overall better than BSG in my opinion because BSG became confusing and pretentious and plot holes and lost sight of what initially made the show compelling which was characters fighting for survival against all odds, and went for dramatic melodrama and weird religious messages instead

At its core, Firefly is more enjoyable because it's a bunch of great characters in space.

It was always about the melodrama and religious metaphor though. That stuff was baked into the show from the very beginning, the later seasons had to move away from the bleakness of war aspect towards the more esoteric because that was the logical direction to go.
Once Caprica Six and Boomer had started sowing discontent amongst the Cylons and there began to be co-operation between human and Cylon they couldn't have kept on doing what they had been doing - they had to move away from the 'survival at all costs' angle and towards the analysis of humanity, faith and science that dominate the later seasons to avoid both repeating themselves and setting back their own narrative development. Like it or not, that's always where the show was going to end up - if you couldn't see that from the beginning, that's your fault.
Quote by BelowTheSun
It was always about the melodrama and religious metaphor though. That stuff was baked into the show from the very beginning, the later seasons had to move away from the bleakness of war aspect towards the more esoteric because that was the logical direction to go.
Once Caprica Six and Boomer had started sowing discontent amongst the Cylons and there began to be co-operation between human and Cylon they couldn't have kept on doing what they had been doing - they had to move away from the 'survival at all costs' angle and towards the analysis of humanity, faith and science that dominate the later seasons to avoid both repeating themselves and setting back their own narrative development. Like it or not, that's always where the show was going to end up - if you couldn't see that from the beginning, that's your fault.

Don't give me that. The 6 and Boomer thing got more air time because the characters were popular/hot. The show was barely planned to the end of season 1 to begin with, and there was no massive overreaching plot/message, which you'd know if you'd read interviews with the producers.
Quote by Diemon Dave
the original BSG was created by a mormon, hence a lot of the heavy religious stuff (12 tribes, an exodus, etc)
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
the original BSG was created by a mormon, hence a lot of the heavy religious stuff (12 tribes, an exodus, etc)

Yea, it's also a full-on 'planet of hats' thing going on with the colonies.

"Everyone from Geminon isa a religious nut, Capricans are all smart and stylish blah-di-fucking blah".
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by eGraham
If "not as good" means "better in every way"

Love triangles are lazy shit

Seriously, fuck them.
PM me for newts
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Don't give me that. The 6 and Boomer thing got more air time because the characters were popular/hot. The show was barely planned to the end of season 1 to begin with, and there was no massive overreaching plot/message, which you'd know if you'd read interviews with the producers.

The fact that it wasn't planned has nothing to do with the fact that it was always going to end up there. It doesn't matter that they went into season 1 without knowing where they were going to end up, because they had still built everything the show would become into it from the beginning. It's not like they just threw twists and shit into it to mix it up, everything that happens is an extension of the themes that were in the show since the miniseries. It was a natural evolution of everything the show was. You don't need to have planned everything out to follow through on your intentions.
BSG fell apart in the end, but it was a good run

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by BelowTheSun
The fact that it wasn't planned has nothing to do with the fact that it was always going to end up there. It doesn't matter that they went into season 1 without knowing where they were going to end up, because they had still built everything the show would become into it from the beginning. It's not like they just threw twists and shit into it to mix it up, everything that happens is an extension of the themes that were in the show since the miniseries. It was a natural evolution of everything the show was. You don't need to have planned everything out to follow through on your intentions.

The intended focus of the series was the moral choices faced by the survivors(the military/civil power struggles, the inmates on the prison ship, the black market and so forth).

The twists and turns are there to provide new situations in which those moral decisions are forced to be examined from a different perspective(Cylon civil war etc).

It starts going downhill in season 3, with the boxing episode and the love triangle, drops off the cliff when they 'kill' Starbuck for no reason, and then bring her back with a resounding "God did it, incidentally that's why everything else".
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by eGraham at #33679809
then all of the sudden

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

yeah when LOST ended i was pretty bummed out

when breaking bad ended i was happy and sad at the same time.

when dexter ended... oh fuk dexter! the last season was terrible!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

You stop getting this feeling the more tv you watch

If anything there's too many shows to get invested in once I'm done with one its oike alright let's get the show on the road
Quote by k.lainad
yeah when LOST ended i was pretty bummed out

when breaking bad ended i was happy and sad at the same time.

when dexter ended... oh fuk dexter! the last season was terrible!

Props to k.lainad for actually saying something reasonable

Dexter jumped the shark after season 4. What a trainwreck
Last edited by E7#9 at Nov 13, 2015,
Quote by Spidey93 at #33681569
Lost and Breaking Bad both did this to me.

same
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...