Hi folks

I have been posting many threats regarding my search for a decent les paul shape guitar... I was just about to buy a used Edwards E-LP92CD (John Sykes signature) for $750 but the seller vanished for no reason

Now someone is offering me a very light used (almost new) LTD EC401VF TSB Duncan for $600.. Would that be a good purchase considering that the guitar is made in Indonasia?

I play different styles and my amp is Laney IronHeart... What do you think about this opprotunity ?

please note that I live in Egypt so my options are very limited between
1. This used EC401VF TSB for $600
2. New EC1000S Duncan for $900

There are a couple of used Gibson les Paul but they are very expensive for me $2,000
'12 Gibson '58 Re-issue
'14 Fender American Special Stratocaster
'14 Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster
'05 Ibanez RG320FM (With Upgrades)
Laney IRT Studio (IRT112 Cab)
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
BOSS GT-8
Those prices seem high to me but that could be because you're in Egypt. Used price for an EC-401VF here in the States is between $400 - $500, and a new EC-100S goes for less than $800.

But that being said, they are similar guitars with the same pickups but there are a couple differences between them. The 401VF has a maple top so it will have a slightly brighter tone than the all mahogony 1000S. And the 401 has 22 frets so it will have a more traditional "Les Paul" tone than the 24 fret 1000S. The 1000S does have a better bridge but for me that wouldn't be the deciding factor.

If you're going for a traditional Les Paul tone then I think you'd be happy with the 401VF. If you want a slightly warmer tone and 24 frets, then go for the 1000S.
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
I have two Indonesian guitars a neck-thru Ibanez Xiphos and a Washburn Parallaxe, both have very high build quality fit and finish are excellent as is the playability. Both guitars are on par with my MIJ Chushin Gakki factory built Jacksons.

Don't get too caught up in where a guitar is made if you get it in your hands and it looks, feels, and plays good that it all that really matters, for the most part once you get into the $999 and up price range for new guitars the build quality is usually not bad, I have a neck-thru B.C.Rich Beast V that was made in China and it too is just as high quality as all of my Japanese or Korean imports.

Those prices do sound a little high at least here in the U.S. but maybe not for Egypt.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Hi folks... I got it... Please welcome my new family member

'12 Gibson '58 Re-issue
'14 Fender American Special Stratocaster
'14 Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster
'05 Ibanez RG320FM (With Upgrades)
Laney IRT Studio (IRT112 Cab)
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
BOSS GT-8
Many congrats! Great looking guitar.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Awesome, congrats!
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
I have an EC-401 as well, and i love it! Congrats on the new guitar
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.