Page 1 of 3
I'm completely lukewarm about anything Star Wars. I have tons of friends who are freaking out over the release of the new ones, and I can only remember thinking, "anytime we tried to watch these together we all fell asleep."

I know there are some true fans out there, but I can't help but feel that there's a giant, insincere bandwagon about the series.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Yeah I'm not a fan of Star Wars in the slightest
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
I super like Star Wars but find it super exhausting trying to keep up with everyone freaking out about it so ill see it when i see it.
If there is a bandwagon I don't care. I'm glad more people like what I like now. For instance there is a Star Wars makeup collection by Covergirl now (which I don't really like, but at least it's out there and other companies might do the same in the future and make things I like)
cat
Quote by JustRooster
I'm completely Luke warm about anything Star Wars. I have tons of friends who are freaking out over the release of the new ones, and I can only remember thinking, "anytime we tried to watch these together we all fell asleep."

I know there are some true fans out there, but I can't help but feel that there's a giant, insincere bandwagon about the series.

This guy knows how Leia's vag felt the first time Han pumped her.

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I'm a fan, but apparently not a "real" fan or a superfan because although I do intend to see the new release, It will be at my convenience and I won't be waiting in line for it.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
I'm a fan, but apparently not a "real" fan or a superfan because although I do intend to see the new release, It will be at my convenience and I won't be waiting in line for it.

The idea of being a "real" fan to the group of people that the status would appeal to is kind of gross to me.

It's always a great example of moving the goal post, too. All the #RealEmo kids in the pitchfork world are great examples of this.
Last edited by JustRooster at Nov 13, 2015,
Quote by Arby911 at #33680163

This guy knows whats up.
I'll probably go see the film when it comes out simply because it's a big cultural event but I've really grown out of Star Wars. It's kinda embarrassing and juvenile but it's something I liked when I was a kid and everyone will be talking about it so might as well go see it. I'm not mega hyped for it or anything though like 90% of the human race seem to be.
Star Wars gets a bit annoying in pop culture ("may the fourth b-" go fuck yourself).

I didn't grow up with them so they were less a cultural phenomenon for me and more of a franchise everyone referenced. Like I didn't connect to them but recognize that there's at least one good film in there. This was a case where the hype kills the source for me, cuz they've been parodied and referenced and spoken of in terms of "greatest" and "sole source of life" and "what kept me from pursuing my sexual existential imperative" and it seems like people are more in love with the fact that they love the films than they are with the films.

And I'm one of those people who hate the term "over-rated" because it's meaningless garbage masquerading as criticism. It's a rare thing for every other piece of media in the world to interfere with your experience (to the point of making such experience moot) but, thanks to 40 years of nerds, Star Wars is dead

Seriously hyped about Battlefront though
I don't give a fuck what you think Jerry.

It doesn't bother me if there's a bandwagon. It means that I now have more people to go the theater with and possibly convert to the Dark side
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Star Wars gets a bit annoying in pop culture ("may the fourth b-" go fuck yourself).

I didn't grow up with them so they were less a cultural phenomenon for me and more of a franchise everyone referenced. Like I didn't connect to them but recognize that there's at least one good film in there. This was a case where the hype kills the source for me, cuz they've been parodied and referenced and spoken of in terms of "greatest" and "sole source of life" and "what kept me from pursuing my sexual existential imperative" and it seems like people are more in love with the fact that they love the films than they are with the films.

And I'm one of those people who hate the term "over-rated" because it's meaningless garbage masquerading as criticism. It's a rare thing for every other piece of media in the world to interfere with your experience (to the point of making such experience moot) but, thanks to 40 years of nerds, Star Wars is dead

Nice

Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Not nice
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Way nice
It's an online game where you can fly a jet, use a quadrupedal tank, be a regular infantryman, or use a sword. I like how cooperative it is on such a big scale.

Unless the trailer's misleading and it's laser gun Call of Duty or something.
There's only like 10 person teams or something now so it's basically Call of Duty. From what I've heard it's like laser gun Call of Battlefield.

You should look at Planetside if you want to see cooperation on a big scale
^I'm pretty sure it's 20v20.

I think it'll just be great to have a battlefield-like game that isn't full of lame snipers on the edges of the map not trying to complete objectives. Scrubs gonna scrub, though.
Quote by Dreadnought at #33680224
Star Wars sucks.

got a tonne of friends on facebook spamming daily countowns to the new film, battlefront, and whatever dumb disney show they are watching.

p sure star wars is literally the only thing thats been popping up in my feed since october
The fact that it's 50 quid, has no narrative, and is an EA game is enough to give it a No from me. I will not be tricked into buying a game based purely on nostalgia
Quote by Dreadnought
Star Wars sucks.

Lighten up, you need a little Space Opera in your life to counteract the deleterious effects of all that hard science!
Charles Darwin
Quote by EndTheRapture51
The fact that it's 50 quid, has no narrative, and is an EA game is enough to give it a No from me. I will not be tricked into buying a game based purely on nostalgia

It's not nostalgia, it's battlefield with cooler shit. Separate the idea of Star Wars from it and focus on the fact that it's a DICE shooter with a sci-fi feel.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
DICE suck since BF2 though

Said like a true scrub sniper.
I loved all the films but didn't really become a "fan" until I got into the EU comics and games. I like big sci-fi universes more than anything and the original movies don't really give much of that. I was always into star trek (and later stargate) more but they generally lacked the huge galaxy sweeping stories of star wars.

I think the "fan" aspect of the films is more about coming from a childhood where I'd watch films over and over because of limited choice from VHS we owned and limited tv channels you'd only ever see the "great" films over and over and Star wars was done well enough that you could only end up appreciating it.

my reaction to the new films is pretty much "okay, cool" with very little hype to it.

Quote by JustRooster
It's not nostalgia, it's battlefield with cooler shit. Separate the idea of Star Wars from it and focus on the fact that it's a DICE shooter with a sci-fi feel.

yeah. I'm partly getting it because I love battlefield and hardline was always going to be a quick little bit of fun and I had my fill of bf4. also because battlefront 1 & 2 were a lot of fun, even though I just played against bots all day for months (cause I couldn't afford internet or buying new games often).

also getting it because £50 is nothing for a game I'd get at least a month of enjoyment out of (actually more like £40 for a new game if you go to amazon, will sometimes be less if it's a less popular series)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I'm not one of them megafans, I'm sure I enjoyed the films but they weren't a big part of my childhood, and when I got into sci-fi stuff as a young adult I enjoyed Star Trek more
I'm confident the film will be enjoyable so I'm looking forward to it

I remember having a lot of fun with the Battlefront games a friend had so I'll probably pick the game up at some point
grown up grumpy part of me doesn't like that it has no campaign, but tbf none of my nostalgia of the old games is about a campaign
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
The new movie is probably gonna be the drizzling shits so I'll wait until one of my friends gets in on Blu-Ray or something.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Rooster you need to chill bro

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Rooster you need to chill bro

Plenty of spades in the world walking around calling themselves diamonds, man.
Quote by JustRooster

Racist!
Charles Darwin
Quote by JustRooster

I don't know why people are so excited when it's....JJ Abrams....

He will do a competent job but nothing particularly memorable.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I don't know why people are so excited when it's....JJ Abrams....

He will do a competent job but nothing particularly memorable.

hey guys did you know Xiaoxi doesn't like JJ Abrams? has he ever mentioned it to you before? cuz you know he doesn't like JJ Abrams. weird huh? he never brings it up, but I guess it's true that he doesn't like JJ Abrams
Check out my band Disturbed
Stewie in denial that it is going to be underwhelming.

Tell me more about how great the star trek movies are.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I like it

I'm not on board the hype train but I'm like at the station or something, haven't got my ticket yet.

I'll see it soon after release but I'm not gonna take PTO or something
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I really wish I could see it on the day its released but I'll be on an airplane then

I really am excited for it though
cat
Quote by EndTheRapture51
There's only like 10 person teams or something now so it's basically Call of Duty. From what I've heard it's like laser gun Call of Battlefield.

You should look at Planetside if you want to see cooperation on a big scale

I'd really like us to get to a point where there's like 50 v 50 with really large scale maps. Why can't online shooters get all MMORPG and shit

I don't/can't/won't use my laptop for gaming, plus I'm broke af.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Stewie in denial that it is going to be underwhelming.

Naw, it'll probably be alright. I'm not super excited for it. Just moderately because Lucas isn't involved, which is a great start.

Tell me more about how great the star trek movies are.

I hate them, but back in 2009 when the first one came out I remember saying "JJ is much better suited to direct a star wars movie than a star trek one".
Check out my band Disturbed
I've been a fan since the first came out in 1977 (Yup I'm that old)
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Page 1 of 3