Hey guys.

What do you think is the best way to get writing when you haven't got any inspiration or ideas, but want to start getting music out? It's kinda hard to force yourself to write but I've been trying a few techniques to get started and they've been working out really well. I've also tried to start a bit of a challenge out of it: Write 7 songs in 7 days.

Check out all the rules and stuff on my blog at http://lockyberesford.blogspot.com.au/2015/11/songwriting-when-theres-no-inspiration.html

Let me know if you've got any ideas that are different to these or if this helped you out... I'd love to know.
Guitarist/singer/songwriter/producer from Melbourne, Australia.

Check out my blog on everything music at www.lockyberesford.com
open pages with lyrics that you like and get the words or lines that you like and build upon it
get inspired. i know that seems idiotic to say, but hear me out. there's so much good music to love and awesome life experiences to have. maybe learn a new technique on the guitar or mess around with another instrument. all it takes is a tiny spark.
Writing seven songs in seven days is a good idea. Another thing I do is grab one of my favorite albums and read along with the lyrics while I'm listening to it. This way, you get a subconscious feel for their songwriting process. A lot of times, I get ideas for songs this way. I'll pick up on some random throwaway line from a song, and build a whole song idea off of that.