Someone posted a link the other day to this in a thread and it really caught my attention. I like the compact size and from clips so far it sounds pretty good, but of course without hearing one in person it's hard to say. It's definitely not as feature-intense as something like the PODs, but for a guy like me who mostly uses presets and doesn't run through a bunch of different stompboxes for one tune, it could be really convenient.

Is anyone else curious about it? I have a on-again-off-again relationship with modellers but I can't help but be really attracted to this one. I'm mainly curious about how good the amp modeling really is, as it's reasonably cheap. It would have to be comparable to the Axe FX and Kemper in order for me to really consider it though, as otherwise I'd feel like it was a bit of a ripoff when I could just get a POD HD.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Atomic Amps is owned by Fractal Audio. So I'm willing to bet at least some of the Axe Fx tech trickled down on to this, if it isn't simply a standalone modelling block with algorithms lifted right of its bigger brother.

Hit SoundCloud, I saw quite a few clips there.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Atomic Amps is owned by Fractal Audio. So I'm willing to bet at least some of the Axe Fx tech trickled down on to this, if it isn't simply a standalone modelling block with algorithms lifted right of its bigger brother.

Atomic Amps was, at least, a partner of Fractal and Tom King (of Atomic) was handling some marketing for Fractal. I don't think it's owned by Fractal.

The CLR Atomic sells as an FRFR speaker is nowhere listed as a Fractal-associated product.

And there's no indication that I've seen that there's Fractal DNA in the Amplifire. I'm sure that claim would have been made in Marketing if it were accurate, and I wouldn't make that assumption (or the bet).
Yeah from the videos I've watched it seems all modelling is Studio Devil stuff (which I've heard and it sounds pretty good).

The main thing that interests me about this is that it seems so simple to pick up and start using. The Axe and Kemper are cool and it's not like they are impossibly complex, but this one with it's sort of "stomp box" approach seems very convenient and easy to integrate into an existing rig.

I really liked my POD HD 500X, but comparing clips from both of these so far it seems like the Amplifire sounds just a bit more "real," though again, I haven't heard anything in person.

And yeah, I'd expect that if there was any relation to the Axe, they would have that plastered everywhere on the marketing.

Dspellman, any chance you have or will get to play with one of these? I know you tend to have a foot up on most folks here when it comes to these things
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I hadn't realised someone had posted about this thing already. I have one now and really like it. It's very easy to use sounds great and is incredibly compact. I've had several Pods but could never really get the tones I was looking for from them and all the others I've had have been filled with a load of stuff you never use. The presets on the Amplifire are all useable but very easy to tweak to your own taste with the software. As another post said I've had an on off relationship with these things and for a while have been using a Boss ME80 into an amp. You get fed up messing around with the things trying to get better tone when you should be playing but this is a keeper and I hope it has a good future. I don't think they are connected with Fractal it seems Studio Devil and Atomic got together on this. Tom King seems a genuine guy buy at the end of the day this has to be commercially viable to have a future. I really hope it has.
I have tried this direct into the front of an amp and into a small PA setup and like the sound of it best into the amp. My amp doesn't have an effects loop as I have always preferred effects direct into the front on the various amps I've had but I would be interested to know if anyone has used one into the effects loop of an amp to see if you feel it sounds better that way. I really like this thing and would be prepared to change the amp if necessary.