One is a boutique overdrive and the other is the bog-standard pedal for crazy distortion. I’m sure they stack well, but comparing them seems odd since they’re intended to do very different things.
i don't have the Tech21 OMG or Electro Harmonix EHX Big Muff Pi.. I own a Tech21 Hotrod Plexi and Electro Harmonix EHX Germanium Big Muff Pi, they are totally different, British like OD vs Fuzzy Drive pedal.

additional comments:
Tech21 Hotrod Plexi has Marshall tube amp driven sound but so nasty noise.
EHX Germanium 4 Big Muff has 'bias' knob which lets 9-volt power got thru or has sound like pedal with dying battery (more husky roughe sound.)
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Last edited by psp742 at Nov 15, 2015,
Quote by jpnyc
One is a boutique overdrive and the other is the bog-standard pedal for crazy distortion. I’m sure they stack well, but comparing them seems odd since they’re intended to do very different things.

Really? when I heard the Tech 21 OMG i though it was pretty fuzzy and similar to the big muff, but i'm not an expert on pedals