I bought myself a hard Gator case about a month ago because I'm taking my guitar and leaving it at school for the year. At first I was convinced in buying it because my squier CV strat fit nicely. It wasn't too tight or too loose. I noticed that over time the guitar has been pushing into the foam padding all round the case. Especially by the strap buttons(There's button sized holes in the padding by them). I assume guitar cases are supposed to keep their interior shape. The case is significantly more loose now. The guitar moves around inside of it. I'm not sure what to do. I bought it from a local music store. Should I take it back? Has this happened to any of your cases?

This is the case
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GCElecA?adpos=1o1&creative=55397627521&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAiA1JuyBRCogJLz4J71kj0SJADsd6QR4T780tUkSoQJISkWc9AOKm13w6dPgdwpqhyT7huh1xoChpPw_wcB
If you can't take it back for exchange or upgrade to a better fitting case, you could use several large and thick microfiber cloths (12"x18" or larger) to line the case and provide more cushioning for the guitar. They also double to wipe it down after playing. If you have a Costco nearby they sell packs of a dozen in auto parts aisle. They're bright Yellow, inexpensive and very useful for all sorts of things.

BTW, I bought that same model Gator case from Amazon Wharehouse. It was depicted as an Open Box item in perfect condition. It arrived with the entire front left upper corner cracked about 6 inches. It was shipped back to Amazon at their expense the same day.

I ultimately got a Musician's Gear case (rectangular w/ tweed exterior covering w/ Brass and Leather looking trim) for about $55 on sale from GC. It was shipped to the store and fits my Strat great! See: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-deluxe-electric-guitar-case/540948000389000?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=CjwKEAiAmqayBRDLgsfGiMmkxT0SJADHFUhPqvh5mB4rPqvYlSFlySaT9HviSeE7oTG1AmNzFzgrZBoCpcDw_wcB&kwid=productads-plaid^80557608267-sku^540948000389000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA-device^t-adid^51870555867
Mustang v2 III/IV●EXP-1●FUSE●REMUDA●Yamaha THR10C
Epi LP Florentine Pro●LP Cstm Pros●LP PlusTop Pro●Sheraton-II Pro
Cstm Strat Vntg Noiseless●Guild D-55
So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps