Page 1 of 2
John Lennon would never have written Imagine.

What a great world.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Probably better off
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I doubt it'd be that different. I mean in terms of where we specifically are right now, sure, that'd be different, but the way things function generally speaking'd probably be more or less the same.

fuck i used capital letters and punctuation what am i
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
We'd have to be pretty dumb not to come up with some idea of religion.
Pretty much to the point that we wouldn't even be capable of questioning our own existence.
Like a cat.
That does sound amazing.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I don't we would have evolved language...
Religion is like our appendix, which if we are around long enough maybe we will loose too.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
We'd have to be pretty dumb not to come up with some idea of religion.
Pretty much to the point that we wouldn't even be capable of questioning our own existence.
Like a cat.
That does sound amazing.
Camus regarded religious conclusions in the face of existential anguish to be philosophical suicide
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Impossible to know unless you spent considerable time researching it.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by jpnyc
Moral.
Define "moral"

sorryI'llstopthisnow
ha-haaa
according to terrance mckenna we should have evolved in a more "organic" enviorment, using natural recources in an enviormentally freindly way, treating eachother as a single speices and not "white" "black" "asian", and raise our children as a collective group (polygamy perhaps), and a child is "everyones child".

thousands of years ago we were supposed to use psylocibim muschroom, dmt, etc to enllighten ourselves. cavmen smoked weed, so why dont we?

religon has turned all of this around, and it may also have spurred technology (religious groups travleing to western world simply to practice without restriction --- more people in a single place -- industrialization -- technology)

we need to go back the ways of gaia, we need to learn to love eachother again, and treat ourselves equally, like the super-monkeys that we are.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
according to terrance mckenna we should have evolved in a more "organic" enviorment, using natural recources in an enviormentally freindly way, treating eachother as a single speices and not "white" "black" "asian", and raise our children as a collective group (polygamy perhaps), and a child is "everyones child".

thousands of years ago we were supposed to use psylocibim muschroom, dmt, etc to enllighten ourselves. cavmen smoked weed, so why dont we?

religon has turned all of this around, and it may also have spurred technology (religious groups travleing to western world simply to practice without restriction --- more people in a single place -- industrialization -- technology)

we need to go back the ways of gaia, we need to learn to love eachother again, and treat ourselves equally, like the super-monkeys that we are.

Present day people smoke weed too.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
John Lennon would never have written Imagine.

What a great world.

I was thinking of a reply to my friend's virtually-identical-to-this-thread facebook post.

Thank you!
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by k.lainad

Could'a, Should'a, Would'a.

What a load of nonsense.
Quote by k.lainad
cavmen smoked weed, so why dont we?

beautiful
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
early civilization would have lasted way longer, but i don't think progress would have slowed too much
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
as if anything would be different. "god" could be anything, regardless of any organisation or description. Money, power, nature, yourself, family, whatever. there will always be a "god".
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by Baby Joel
as if anything would be different. "god" could be anything, regardless of any organisation or description. Money, power, nature, yourself, family, whatever. there will always be a "god".

I can't tell if youre being serious or not...I didn't think "god" and religion were synonymous.
well, something created all of "this"

right?

may not be an intelligent monotheistic "god", but there is certainly a higher power we are not of capable of understanding or ever knowing.

we are a speck of dust in this universe, and we'll never know what or who created "this"
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

in response to the last few posts - see: theological noncognitivism

might interest you, even if you don't find yourself agreeing
ha-haaa
Quote by k.lainad

right?

may not be an intelligent monotheistic "god", but there is certainly a higher power we are not of capable of understanding or ever knowing.

we are a speck of dust in this universe, and we'll never know what or who created "this"

Maybe we will...not as humans though, in another form of conciousness.
Quote by k.lainad

You realize that psylocibin, DMT, marijuana and lots of other natural psychedelics are entheogens? As in, they're religious drugs?

Also how would the concept of environmental friendliness have existed pre-industrial revolution?

Also Gaia is a mythological goddess i.e. religious concept.

Also how did we not evolve in an "organic environment"? What was synthetic about it?

And how the fuck did cavemen smoke weed? No one smoked anything before Babylon and China came along.

Quote by Banjocal

It's more fun to look at God not as a definable conscious entity, but an adaptive reflection of individuals'/groups' ethical/metaphysical ideals. So basically the same way you'd think of anything symbolic.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Nov 15, 2015,
Quote by k.lainad

right?

You've no way of knowing any of this. Might as well say there is a god cuz its the same sort of thinking: wishful and unproven.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Banjocal

Theological noncognitivism seems like a possible rational for atheism, but I don't see why they would be at odds. A person might be an atheist because they find the term "God" to be lacking in any real meaning. I know that I personally do not believe in the lord/god/Jehovah for a number of reasons (which I won't get into)
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by killaudio666
I can't tell if youre being serious or not...I didn't think "god" and religion were synonymous.

"god: 7. (lowercase) any deified person or object."
"religion: 6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:"
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
You realize that psylocibin, DMT, marijuana and lots of other natural psychedelics are entheogens? As in, they're religious drugs?

Also how would the concept of environmental friendliness have existed pre-industrial revolution?

Also Gaia is a mythological goddess i.e. religious concept.

Also how did we not evolve in an "organic environment"? What was synthetic about it?

And how the fuck did cavemen smoke weed? No one smoked anything before Babylon and China came along.

well researched young man

i agree, was just sharing that viewpoint, because everyone needs to hear a little McKenna.

oh and the caveman thing, i read a book on arthistory showing small stone/wooden pipes in caves (where caveman lived, drawings on walls, etc) idk if they smoked weed, but they were smoking/heating up something fo sho, maybe incense
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by onelove50
OK then...

BACK TO TOPIC.

What will religion be like in the future???

but this wasn't the topic
Page 1 of 2