I've been looking at wahs in the last couple months and the ones that have stood out to me have been the 535Q and the MC404 for their versatility, but I've been somewhat put off by the price. The Ibanez seems to have a similar set of options, looks charmingly hideous (like myself), and from the demos I've seen sounds pretty good.

Basically I'd appreciate if someone could fill in the blanks for me, since it's very unlikely I'll get the chance to try one out and it'll probably be an eBay/Gumtree job:
1) Is the WD7 true bypass?
2) Is the WD7 generally well-enough put-together to last well?
3) What kind of wah is the WD7 (i.e. optical or pot or...?)
4) Is there anything I'm missing that separates the Ibby from the Dunlop or the CAE?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
1) No it is buffered. But it's a pretty good buffer. Not anyone sucking one.
2) Metal casing, well built. It holds up to some man handling.
3) It's analog and optical. No inductor either.
4) The pure range of the settings. You can make it sound like pretty much any way you want. Or even just what you actually are looking for.

I own one btw
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
I actually upgraded from the 535Q to the WD7. For myself I've found it to be a much more viable option with all of the tone shaping variations and the fact that I can switch between activation from a switch or just by stepping on it.

I had it for about 5 years now and have not had any reliability issues with it either.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
That sounds like good news. I've been saving for a Philosopher King, but I could just about be tempted to delay that since these sell for so cheap.

Thanks guys
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one