Now I've lost my Target job yesterday early morning the same time I worked. When my schedule is over on the clock at 8:00AM, my boss called me up and then we went to the office together, along with other boss. The bad new was, they said they were letting me go without telling me a reason. Yes, they did not tell me a good reason why I got fired. Before they told me I was firing, they said one of the co-workers came in the office and complained about me what I did. What did I do?! I didn't do anything wrong that morning, like touching or mistake. I worked perfectly that morning! I also told my bosses that I'm smart, friendly, hard & fast worker around. At least, I still want a good reason and they still won't telling me about it! When they said goodbye to me, I went out the store and heading home with frustration.

It making me still remember what I did all morning that day. I didn't do anything at all. Not even sexual harassment, negative attitude, lack of flow work or something like that. It had to be something else, and there's a difference between laid off and fired. Otherwise, I worked there for two months, that's it. I don't know what to tell ya. My college plan is officially ruined.

PS. Good thing I still have my IMAX job though.
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal
Last edited by Hal-Sephira at Nov 16, 2015,
Quote by Hal-Sephira
I didn't do anything wrong that morning, like touching or mistake. I worked perfectly that morning!
What about like, literally every other morning???
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
What about like, literally every other morning???

No need to ask that.

I don't even worry about Target job anymore. It's time for me to move on and stay with other company to work for. Yep, that was what my dad said yesterday I got fired, "It's okay, don't worry about it."

Damn.....
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
MXR M-103 Blue Box
Wait, so you didn't do anything wrong on the morning you got fired, but may have done plenty wrong on other mornings? I mean if you're wondering why you got fired, maybe stop examining the one day you didn't do something wrong lol.
You'd have to look into your state's law too, but you might be able to sue them under the FLSA
You sound like you handled the situation better than I would have. At least it's just a job at target.

Why the hell would they fire you without letting you know why?
If you live in an At-Will state, this is totally legal. There's pretty much jack shit you can do about it. Maybe talk to some co-workers about it. But your energies are better spent elsewhere.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Nov 16, 2015,
I don't think they have to give a reason if you are still in your first 90 days.

Still though, if it were me I would like to know why.

At least you have another job though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Wait, so you didn't do anything wrong on the morning you got fired, but may have done plenty wrong on other mornings? I mean if you're wondering why you got fired, maybe stop examining the one day you didn't do something wrong lol.

Good post to help me remember the morning I got in trouble with! Apparently no, it wasn't just about the other morning before my final day at Target. It was just the same morning I worked & got fired, they said. It had to be something with it though. I don't know what to say more.
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
MXR M-103 Blue Box
Last edited by Hal-Sephira at Nov 16, 2015,
Quote by rockingamer2
If you live in an At-Will state, this is totally legal. There's pretty much jack shit you can do about it. Maybe talk to some co-workers about it. But your energies are better spent elsewhere.

Correct.

Nevada is a huge f**king sh*thole I'm living in.
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
MXR M-103 Blue Box
They might be avoiding giving you a reason because it would give away the person that complained about you. Do you remember pissing anyone off?
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I don't think they have to give a reason if you are still in your first 90 days.

Still though, if it were me I would like to know why.

At least you have another job though.

Yep. I still love my job at the movie theater.

Forget Target, anyways.
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
MXR M-103 Blue Box
Quote by MeTallIcA313
They might be avoiding giving you a reason because it would give away the person that complained about you. Do you remember pissing anyone off?

No, I did not piss anyone off that morning.

That's being said, I just don't know what happened. I'm still guessing somebody must be behind it or something, so I still have no idea.

Not a single damn was given that day though.
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
MXR M-103 Blue Box
that morning

Did you work other days, maybe?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I'd show up hammered to work, drank on the job, boss never brought it up. Didn't matter if I worked morning or night shift, only way I could stand washing dishes after a week.
I've never shown up to any minimum wage job sober, and I've never been fired.
No employer owes you a job, or a reason. Move on.

I was let go several years ago simply because the company was merging with another and to make them look as good as possible on the bottom line they cut their payroll significantly. As I was one of the highest paid employees in my division and I had trained my people to be able to continue to operate in my absence, I was an easy target.

They did give me 6 months severance though.

Then they called me back about 8 months later and asked me to come back because they had gotten rid of too many key people and no longer had the expertise needed on staff.

I declined.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I got fired from a florist because the designers didn't like me. I had only worked there for a week, filling vases with water.

With at-will employment they don't need to give you a reason, and unless you're being heavily discriminated against there isn't much you can do.
Quote by Arby911
No employer owes you a job, or a reason. Move on.

I was let go several years ago simply because the company was merging with another and to make them look as good as possible on the bottom line they cut their payroll significantly. As I was one of the highest paid employees in my division and I had trained my people to be able to continue to operate in my absence, I was an easy target.

They did give me 6 months severance though.

Then they called me back about 8 months later and asked me to come back because they had gotten rid of too many key people and no longer had the expertise needed on staff.

I declined.

Yep.

It's time for me to move on and look for another job. Good thing I'm staying with IMAX though.
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
MXR M-103 Blue Box
Quote by Hal-Sephira
I didn't do anything at all. Not even sexual harassment

This is worded sooooo poorly
PM me for newts
Quote by Hal-Sephira
It making me still remember what I did all morning that day. I didn't do anything at all.

There's your reason, m8.
this
getting fired is more often than not not about what you did that day. the decision to let you go was most likely already made or you had one more issue to go and the other guy saying something was it. it's possible someone else threw you under tha bus for something you didn't do. was there any issues going on at work that you were aware of?

as a manger even in a at will state you still have to have documented reasons to fire people. a corporate place like target would most likely be pretty good about that as they want to avoid lawsuites. had you been spoken to about anything? if you were on your 90 day trial period then they can let you go for almost anything. it was kinda rude not to tell you though even if they just made up some BS to appease you.
target sucks anyway.

too bad i might have to go back there pretty soon because this new job has panned out to be so much worse.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug