would like to write a song inspired by the song vapor by 5 seconds of summer could someoe help me?
i dont know the song but play it and start singing then then make up your own words as you go along. Use the original as your inspiration.
Learn what the diatonic chords in a key are, use a I V vi IV progression, and write a melody over it. For example, in the key of C major, the chords are: C, Dm, Em, F, G, A, Bm7b5. The I V vi IV (1 5 4 6) progression would be: C, G, Am, F. This progression (and it's variations) are the most common types of chord progressions in music.

Or, you can learn how to play Vapor (and your other favorite songs), get an understanding of how the song is structured both chord-wise, melodically, and lyrically. Once you learn some songs, change the chord pattern around, alter the melody a bit, and make up your own lyrics.

Creating songs just takes time and patience to do. Remember: the more music you learn, the easier it'll be for you to write.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by TreyTreytm
would like to write a song inspired by the song vapor by 5 seconds of summer could someoe help me?

What Aerosmith is trying say is learn modes. Just google diatonic mode sheets for guitar, and essentially what this allows you to do is pick off of the scales, and also use chords that make sense. Best of all, you won't be limited to using power chords or open chords, and you pretty much have all of the resources needed to order together a song. What I usually do is write the music for all the instruments, studio them down, and then write lyrics over it.