Hello.
I have a proble with levels when I plug cable from my iPad iRig HD to Audio Interface (Roland Quad-Capture UA-55) I have to turn the gain on the input all the way up to hear guitar sound. The signal is to weak. Volume on my iPad is all the way up and the output in Bias set to the point where it doesnt clip. My PC audio interface is fine. I have connected my iPad to PC audio interface and played a video in YouTube all levels were fine. I ve also connected iRig (not HD) to PC audio interface and all the levels were fine too. But the Quality of iRig HD is much better that is why I dont want to use not HD version. Did anybody have this problem?
OK, looks like you're trying to use your iPOD/iPAD as a preamp/multifx going into the audio interface.

Maybe tweak the ASIO driver settings for volume, like the second picture shows.

I found this:

It is possible that the "autosense" is also messing with your signal volume, so disable that.
I can bring the volume up using compressor or "Input 1" in the mixer. It changes the signal volume at the output. But in preamp sens torn all the way up I have the signal in the preamp about -12. Isn't it bad if I will increase the volume by compressing or with mixer, leaving the signal be weak in a preamp section?
You're getting a low signal so increase the level at input1.
Some mild compression could also be beneficial, when I worked in a studio we used to add touch of compression on pretty much any source. I am not talking something huge, but a mild taming of the peaks like 1.5:1 and a touch of gain increase. You can read an article on compression if you're not sure what it does.
Trust your ears at this point.
Thank you very much for suggestion. I found out some more things about my Roland)) Thank you!

But

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114956

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114955

As you can see with iRig there is no volume issue.
But with iRig HD....
As you can see the volume is all the way up, but the volume indicator is on the half way. I checked knobs on my guitar, set the gain on iRig HD and everything else that could cause the problem.
The only difference in these two tracks Audio Interface (iRig and iRig HD)

These were recorded without my PC audio interface. So one can say that the problem is not in my PC audio interface (Roland UA-55)
Last edited by EY8CC at Nov 17, 2015,
Well...maybe settings within the modeling software, unfortunately I don't know much about iRig but they have a support channel so why not talk to them?

I don't see why you don't turn up your input on the Roland and call it a day?
Quote by diabolical
Well...maybe settings within the modeling software, unfortunately I don't know much about iRig but they have a support channel so why not talk to them?

I don't see why you don't turn up your input on the Roland and call it a day?

I have already contacted them but it seems that that don't know either.

I am gonna turn up input on my Roland. You helped me out here
But I wanted to solve the proble so I could record some demos or riffs on my iPad with Garage Band.
Quote by diabolical
Well try GB and see how the signal levels work.

There is a problem with volume in GB too
Unfortunately no. But if the problem would be in guitar than with iRig (not HD version) I would have a problem. But I don't have a problem with not HD version.
Am I correct?
Well each one of these has its own input assignment and settings. I'd guess is not the guitar, but settings. Most likely you're missing some settings in the HD version that is activated by default in the other one. That would be my guess.

Considering that you have Studio One, audio interface and Ampire on the PC I wonder why you even bother with the tablet? Just record on that.
I do record on my audio interface. But I wanted to try something new. Compare things etc.