Hi everyone,

This will be my first thread I will open on this forum.
Excuse me for my bad English, and sorry if I did something agianst the rule.

I have a acoustic guitar, with 6 strings.

If I want to play a harmonic note on the 12th fret of the high e string. I cant..
I can only get a harmonic note on the 13th freth. even close to the 14th fret it still works!

Without capo my guitar sounds awesome!

The more down I go the more out of tune my e string is.

Anyone can explain me what is wrong. Can it be fixed? maybe go back to the guitar shop?
The guitar is to expensive for me to just buy a new one

Thanks alot if you can explain me whats going on here with my guitar haha!
Last edited by y0ronhere at Nov 17, 2015,
your neck may need adjusting .or you may need some bridge or nut work ask you luthier
If it was sold to you in that condition, it's the store's fault and they should perform the service to get it in playing shape. Any place worth shopping at will stand by their products.

It sounds like a severe intonation problems - are the string significantly higher at the 12th fret than at the nut? Is the neck visibly bowed? How old are the strings?

If it's the neck, every string will have that problem. If the high e is the only one that goes out of tune, it could be a problem at the bridge or nut, as said above. Change the strings, if they are old, and see if anything changes before you take it in.
Last edited by cdgraves at Nov 17, 2015,
Quote by y0ronhere

Without capo my guitar sounds awesome!

Do you mean things are fine without using a capo but the harmonics are off when using one? If so, that's totally normal.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Quote by reincarnator
Do you mean things are fine without using a capo but the harmonics are off when using one? If so, that's totally normal.

Hi! haha I'm sorry I'm a beginner at playing.

I mean if I dont play any bar chords or use a capo down the fretboard it all sounds okay.
the lower I go on the fret board the more false the e sound.

Its my first guitar and got it for 1 year now. strings are 1 year old. I've been playing it daily few hours :$

I'll visit the guitar shop and get it checked.

I'm not sure if its from the beginning as I was a beginner and didn't hear it yet. haha :S

I'll update the thread when I have some news from the shop!
Quote by y0ronhere
strings are 1 year old.

There's your problem.