Hi, I'm looking for a new guitar. I have decided that I'd like to get a 7-string this time.
I have some specific questions, but first the obligatory stuff:

Budget: ~$1000 (I'm looking for probably closer to $800 because I know that once I get a little more familiar with it I'll most likely want to change the pickups (I can install myself, so just need to buy them))
New/Used: Probably used to get something nicer for the money, but am open to good deals on new
Closest cities: Virginia Beach, VA or Richmond, VA (roughly equidistant)
Preferences: I prefer passive pickups, but actives are not a deal breaker as they can be switched out. I want a fixed bridge, I currently have an Ibanez with a tremolo and have found that I just don't really like having that (I blocked it off). I have gone to Guitar Center and played around on what they have. The brands that I most consistently like the feel of are Ibanez, Schecter, and PRS.

So, I have found a used Ibanez RGIT27FE (Ibanez Page) that I am very much considering pulling the trigger on. I won't get to try it before I buy because it's online, but I am fairly certain I will like it. I tried the 6 string version at Guitar Center and it felt great.

However, I have also noticed that there are several Agile guitars in a similar price range that are (imo) just as pretty and meet the criteria. Considering that I won't get to try them before hand, would I be safer getting the Agile or the Ibanez? I've never played an Agile before and I don't really know a whole lot about the build quality of Agile.

I am also open to other suggestions. I liked all the Schecters I tried, but haven't been able to find any in my price range that I really liked the looks of. Since I'm spending a decent chunk of money I am giving the appearance a lot of sway in my decision. While I mostly play metalcore a lot, I don't like "metal" looking guitars if that makes any sense. I like bright colors and pretty grain patterns.

Anyway, I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on the Ibanez but was just wondering if anyone might have any insight that they could give me.
A budget of $1000, no reason NOT to get yourself a used Ibanez Prestige. Don't get the Iron Label.

RG752 with passive pickups, fixed bridge and locking tuners is $1099 New. A little luck and you'll find one used.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-rg752fx-prestige-rg-series-7-string-electric-guitar?condition=used
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Last edited by lemurflames at Nov 17, 2015,
If you want to play a 7-string Ibanez Alpha Music has one at the beach - http://www.shop-alpha-music.com/ibanez-rg7421pb-7-string-electric-guitar-charcoal-brown-flat/

I'd go Prestige if you want Ibanez or Agile if you don't care. Agile has a great track record and the Pro line is $500 for the 725 Septor.

Spec for spec Agile gets the nod for the price in my book but I don't own one.

Guitar Center Used offers a 30-day return policy if you want to pick an Ibanez used.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
So, I chose a poor time to post this. 30 minutes after I posted here, the seller of the one I was looking at dropped the price even more. So much that I am nearly 100% certain I would regret it if I passed it up. Thank you for the responses.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Probably something stupid, I bet.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by lemurflames
Probably something stupid, I bet.

i hope not

seriously though the one i linked is a damn sweet deal. if i wanted a 7 i would not pass on it.

i love my prestiges, i have three (i don't get to open #4 until christmas though even though i bought it. lol). i have a: 1570Z, 2570EVSL, and a 3550MZ and the one i get at christmas is a 2550 in galaxy black. $610 shipped in great shape, i got to open it and inspect. yummmmmmy. here is stock pic!

(Invalid img)
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
https://reverb.com/item/1252523-ibanez-iron-label-rgit27fe-sapphire-blue-black-friday-sale-starting-now?device=android-app

I got this. I know it's not prestige. And, maybe because I don't know what I'm missing, but I'm ok with that. Hopefully not stupid?

I paid $500, which leaves me plenty left over to get a case and new pickups if I want them. I did look at the rgd, but didn't see it go on sale as well (it wasn't in my price range before the sale).

I think that what I'm getting is going to be nice, and it was the right price.
I'm sure it will do the trick although I would have went for an RG7620 or RG1527, both well within your range and amazing guitars at that.
Anywho, best of luck and congrats.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Looking at the rgd more, I do somewhat regret not seeing it on sale. However, there is nothing I can do now and I'm still happy with what I am going to get.

Next time I am in the market for another guitar I'll probably look a little harder into the prestige line. But, that probably won't be until I'm done with grad school (2-3 years).
Quote by TJHague
Hi, I'm looking for a new guitar. I have decided that I'd like to get a 7-string this time.While I mostly play metalcore a lot, I don't like "metal" looking guitars if that makes any sense. I like bright colors and pretty grain patterns.

Check out the Kiesel guitars at Carvin. Extremely well done, great fretwork, lots of custom options, with bright colors and pretty grain patterns a given.
Quote by TJHague
Looking at the rgd more, I do somewhat regret not seeing it on sale. However, there is nothing I can do now and I'm still happy with what I am going to get.

Next time I am in the market for another guitar I'll probably look a little harder into the prestige line. But, that probably won't be until I'm done with grad school (2-3 years).

If you seriously got that half-off, I can't complain. Hopefully the quality holds up. Enjoy.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by bobafettacheese
I'm sure it will do the trick although I would have went for an RG7620 or RG1527, both well within your range and amazing guitars at that.
Anywho, best of luck and congrats.

Quote by lemurflames
If you seriously got that half-off, I can't complain. Hopefully the quality holds up. Enjoy.

Thanks

The more I look into it, the more I am convinced I made the right choice for me right now. I think at that price, any quality issues, should any arise, I can address by taking it to a tech. I'll post a NGD with more info when I get the chance. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to play it yet when I get it. The guitar, case, and other upgrades/goodies that I decide to get are a combo birthday/Christmas present from my wife, parents, and in-laws; so, I might have to wait until Christmas before I really put it through the paces enough for an NGD. I will do a thorough inspection when I get it though.