Just curious, what is your favorite light overdrive pedal that either you own currently or have played at some point in your life?
JHS Morning Glory
Boss Blues Driver (set very low)
Paul Cochrane Timmy
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Tubescreamer variants
OCD
Boss OD-1

All sound good set with a slight amount of breakup on the clean channel of a tube amp. Although now I just use my Vox dialed in with a little bit of drive for that slightly dirty clean tone. IMO nobody does that better than Vox.
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Timmy
Tim's (toyroom effects) OD1+ is a favourite of mine as well.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive and Wampler Paisley Drive weren't bad either. They had very cool light breakup sort of tones, and the Sparkle Drive's clean blend knob was cool for retaining the punch and attack of the clean amp with the overdrive. As already mentioned, any Tubescreamer variant will have a nice sound with the drive set very low. The Way Huge Saucy Box was also cool sounding for low gain, as was the Walrus Mayflower.

I haven't played these, but they seem to be quality choices as well.

Way Huge Pork Loin
Walrus Messner
Cmatmods Signa Drive
Cmatmods Butah
Bondi Del Mar (very interested in this one, tubescreamer or blues breaker like)
Bondi Sick As
Barber LTD (any variant)
Barber Half Gainer
Barber Gain Changer
MI Effects Super Blues Pro
Mad Professor Sweet Honey (I've played clones and variants that are nice)
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
Last edited by sg4ever at Nov 19, 2015,
I'm wholly content with my cheap Hardwire CM2. The FullDrive 2 is the better stand-alone od, so maybe that's my favorite, I also dig the Boss BD2. But the BD2 is a bit of a one trick pony, and the FD2 doesn't get along with other pedals, from my experience, so, yeah, I'm content with the CM2.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
The FD2 Mosfet was fine with when it was goosed with other drives set very light, like the Timmy or even other TS808 type drives. You just had to dial in the gain in very specific stages. I was running into an AC15 though, and that amp had better low breakup than any pedal.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
T. Rex MAB overdrive
Dr. No Drive-O-Matic
Keeley Katana

I understand the EHX Soul Food is nice.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Nov 19, 2015,
So far I've really liked Green Rhino and Duncan 805. Very flexible, Rhino gives more boost (noticeable almost regardless of what your amp is set to) but the 805 is a bit more flexible since it has a true 3 band EQ.
CM-2 gives a similar boost to the Rhino but just a bit noisier.
Custom Badass was articulate but not the most noticeable boost (at least for the setup I had at the time).
Did not like the Bad Monkey.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
The Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive has more gain range than most TS variants and has a 15dB 3 band active EQ.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
timmy and zendrive. especially the zendrive.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
My all time favorite for lighter rhythm crunch is an Ibanez TS10 with the drive (gain) set about 1:00. It has a touch more high mid than the TS9 or the 808. The Ibanez TS7 is pretty much just like the TS10 sound wise and is still very affordable on EBay at $30-50 and has those great tone lock knobs that push back into the pedal.

Bad Monkey is a good alternative also. I am not familiar with any high end (over $100) OD pedals.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
The current fav is the Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive (duh!) which has a 3 band active EQ with 15dB cut or boost to solve the eq problems most light overdrives have.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Greer Amps Lightspeed Organic Overdrive. Good clean boost, good stacker, good smooth light lead (particular neck pup) and open chord crunch sounds. Not super compressed and midhumped, and good adjustable frequency range (mellow to crispy).
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
Another worthy mention goes to the Voodoolab sparkledrive.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Ibanez TS7 (TS9 w/hot switch) & 2nd gen GFS Brownie Classic (Original Rat & Turbo Rat clone). The Brownie has killer dynamics on lower gain settings. It's very responsive to pick attack & the volume knob, + it sounds pretty darn good, no matter what setting.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Nov 20, 2015,
Quote by Cathbard
Timmy
Tim's (toyroom effects) OD1+ is a favourite of mine as well.

you're a favourite of mine.

sexually.
mojostompboxes.com
I love my Blues Driver!
"We all have idols. Play like anyone you care about but try to be yourself while you're doing so." - BB King

"The thrill is being able to do it...even if you play it badly" - The Edge.

8 Guitars, 4 Amps, 3 Multi Pedals...and never done!
Well, being made of cheap plastic, my Arion Tubulator is as light as they come And, to be fair, for £20, it could be far worse.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
The Blues Driver is a classic pedal found on many boards of the rich and famous, and for that reason it must be a serious contender. I have a TC Electronics MojoMojo which I am very pleased with but have a nagging suspicion a Blues Driver would be better. My only real issue with the Mojomojo is it can sound a bit sterile, but that could just be me. It was cheap though. I had a Mooer Blues Crab briefly and didn't rate it at all.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.