14 33%
Claw
4 9%
Fingertip
19 44%
Don't use a mouse
6 14%
Voters: 43.
i rest my knuckles on the mouse but my palm hovers. if my mouse pad didn't have the little gel thing, maybe this would be a different story.

i also spend like 8 hours a day with my hand on my mouse, so i consider myself an authority on the subject.
Last edited by Jackintehbox at Nov 17, 2015,
palm

dat security
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
palm cos my mouse is tiny so any choice would be palm
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

palm, because im normal
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Fingertip is how normal humans hold a mouse. The only people I see using palm are old people. And claw is just fucked.

It depends on size of the mouse. I have a big ergonomic one where its a mix of palm and fingertip, with the bottom part of my palm touching the mouse pad, and yes the claw is fucked.
Quote by Trowzaa
Why do you and your mates all drive old vehicles?
Please say you've got mates with old ambulances and fire engines too. That'd be brilliant.
fingertip is really the only way to use a mac mouse
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
It's a mix between Palm and Fingertip

i switch depending on what i'm doing
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Fingertip is the only way if you're using it as a precision instrument and not a lazy remote control.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Fingertip is the only way if you're using it as a precision instrument and not a lazy remote control.

very, very true
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Usually by its tail... As I flick it off the mouse trap into the bin...
Claw grip gets blood on your fingers
Palm grip if I'm feeling horny...
Finger tip if its a rat...
Last edited by St John 999 at Nov 18, 2015,
i squeeze really hard until his head pops off.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I hate when my hand gets really hot so I like to have as little contact with it as possible

Claw all the way.

I use a CM Recon.

It's a little chunky for claw but I love all the extra buttons. 2 on each side needs to be more common. Also tried the Xornet. I actually didn't like it. The little flab (pinky rest) on the right side was just.. ugh. A waste of space where there should be buttons. It was serviceable but for the 'best claw grip' mouse I really didn't like it
Quote by LivinJoke84
I cant be naked. I have a huge fear of leaving a stain wherever i sit. Especially if its really warm
Depending on the mouse itself, it could either be palm or fingertip. I've got big hands so it's up to the mouse's size.

Although I don't use one all that often. Mostly my laptop's touchpad.
I voted fingertip because that's what it looks the most like, but it's like in between fingertip and claw. The heel of my hand rests on the mouse pad but lifts when moving, the majority of my palm is touching (not resting on) the back of the mouse, and my fingers are curved so that only the tips of my fingers are touching.

I think when I'm playing video games that require lots of mouse movement, like fps games, I might change to a little more like the claw grip because I can't rest my hand on the mouse pad, but without that crazy arch of the fingers.

Anyone ever tried using their ring finger for the right-click button? It seems like it would be awesome and free up the middle finger for controlling the scroll wheel, but it just feels awkward and clumsy.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Nov 18, 2015,
my hands are too big for palm and using claw looks like it'll give you RSI or something.

I use finger tip but the top of my palm rests on the back of my mouse because I'm used to using side buttons at home and my thumb doesn't quite have full control over them if my palm is not touching the mouse a little bit (like just the bit under the knuckle)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by skylerjames13
It's a mix between Palm and Fingertip

i switch depending on what i'm doing

This.
With my hands
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Fingertip.

Don't use claw because I don't(yet) have crippling arthritis that might force such an uncomfortable position, and not palm, because I can't actaully do that without having my fingertips hanging off the end of the buttons like a spaz.

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'