Has anyone around here done a pickup swap on a HDR-equipped Godin guitar? If so, what were the results?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
for some reason i am not completely sure what you asking.

do you want to add an HDR?

do you want to put pickups in a guitar with the HDR? (this is what i think you were getting at)

what specific guitar? what are the specs on the pickups? AND what are you trying to improve?

cheers danny
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
While I've tried out several, I don't own a Godin...yet. But I have several on my watch lists at Reverb, eBay, and so forth.

Purely out of speculation, I was contemplating the possibility of doing a pickup swap involving a Godin guitar that has HDR already in it. You know- just in case.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Nov 18, 2015,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
While I've tried out several, I don't own a Godin...yet. But I have several on my watch lists at Reverb, eBay, and so forth.

Purely out of speculation, I was contemplating the possibility of doing a pickup swap involving a Godin guitar that has HDR already in it. You know- just in case.

yea. it looks interesting.

i have been searching around for a few minutes, and can't find a ton of details on exactly what it does.

i am assuming that it is a preamp that is after the pickups (don't quote me, but maybe like the EMG afterburner or something), but i am not sure. i don't think it is actually putting power to the pickups.

email godin and get the specs on the stock pickups, and see what the DC resistance is, and the gauge of the wire, and the magnets, and maybe look for something comparable that is aftermarket. you could also email SD or Dimarzio to see if they know anything about it.

it looks cool though. let me know if you find out more.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Good idea. Might as well ask the manufacturer.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Good idea. Might as well ask the manufacturer.

while you are at it i would see what SD and Dimarizio have to say. somebody should know, and you probably wouldn't have to do much more typing, you could probably copy and paste most of it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I don't know how much that would help- a lot of Godins use their own pickups.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I don't know how much that would help- a lot of Godins use their own pickups.

yea... my thoughts were that SD or Dimarzio would know because they would advise you on what to replace it with. they will do the research, possibly email Godin, especially SD, the tech support is EXTREMELY good there, better than most anywhere IMO.

See what they say. SD has worked really hard for me before. One time (maybe in 2004?) i was rewiring a guitar, I don't exactly remember what I was doing, but i had a very complex goal, and they didn't have a similar schem for it on their site, the guy drew one for me in paint and emailed it to me. THEN i looked at their site some point after, and i will be damned if they didn't add my configuration to the site (obviously it was a little bit fancier than his paint drawing though). It was really impressive. I have dealt with them a few times since and they have been great.

I would give it a shot.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Cool!