This is a temporary hookup (need to make new speaker cables) but there they are my my Boogie Heartbrteaker.

I was a bit skeptical about getting these. I find it hard to believe that using a different type of magnet can alter the tone of a speaker, but I liked what I heard on YouTube so I ordered a pair, and it probably goes without saying that I am very impressed.

I've always kept the Heartbreaker's bold/curvaceous switch (a negative feedback setting I think) on curvaceous because bold was way too harsh. Certain artificial and pinch harmonics sounded like an icicle stabbing me in the eyeballs (with the stock CM-90 Black Shadows [Celestion Classic Lead 80's I believe]). It sounds equally as pleasant on both settings now.

These are much brighter than the Black Shadows, yet they seem softer somehow. Just downright pleasant to listen to, a total lack of harshness. This is something that could never be heard on YouTube (or in any recording I don't think).

The only shortcoming (although, I can hardly say that with this bass-heavy amp) is the lowest of the low end is somewhat lacking. I certainly wouldn't recomend it for drop tuning. I'm going to leave these in the combo (open back) and I have a 2x12 coming next month with Greenbacks in it (closed back) that I'll put the combo on top of. I'm hoping it will fill in the low end just a tad.

Anywho, I am one happy camper.

P.S. I hope this pictures shows up.
"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." -some dude
Last edited by Prime2515102 at Nov 17, 2015,
Pictures didn't show up unfortunately, but glad to hear that you're enjoying your new purchase!

Let's see those pics!!
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Damn, that sucks. It's showing up for me. I'll have to find a pic host...
SWEET! I can honestly say i have never owned any alnico golds, and don't even know if i have knowingly played one. i just checked out a clip and they sound like nice speakers though!

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Ok, is pic showing now? Stupid internet... lol
pretty!

i have a buddy with a hayseed 30 that runs a blue with a k-85 and gets good results, the speakers compliment eachother well IMO. i am not sure about the gold though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?