Hey I have an old Marshall AVT 20 from the 2000's that I was thinking about letting go. It's a 40w hybrid combo. I was wondering what I could expect to get for it.
Little or nothing.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
it's also 20 watts
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ah no worries Just some people selling amps look at the back where it lists the power consumption and assume that's the output wattage.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I do not know what else you have, but I don't think you would be worth getting rid of for $80 or $100. Throw it in the closet, and pull it out of your main rig brakes.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I sold my VS30R for $100 a couple of months ago... It was a 90's model
'12 Gibson '58 Re-issue
'14 Fender American Special Stratocaster
'14 Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster
'05 Ibanez RG320FM (With Upgrades)
Laney IRT Studio (IRT112 Cab)
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
BOSS GT-8
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I do not know what else you have, but I don't think you would be worth getting rid of for $80 or $100. Throw it in the closet, and pull it out of your main rig brakes.

I agree. Just because some things don't sell for much doesn't mean you should let people have them for next to nothing. Things that are worth little now also have a nasty habit of suddenly increasing in value.

I sold some 1st gen Boss pedals years ago when I bought a multi effect pedal. Got next to nothing for them on ebay. How I regret that now.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
For example look at the Laney AOR. Not a bad amp by any means but it was one of the forgotten bastard children of Marshall. Suddenly all the DOOM crowd wants one. Maybe it is time to sell mine?

I have a Marshall VS10 and a VS810 from that era and am not selling either at this point. Both are made in England so probably bound to go up in price as Marshall keeps on churning Chinese junk. They're not bad sounding amps.
Last edited by diabolical at Nov 23, 2015,
Id grab your AOR but I would be afraid of it breaking before you even pack it to ship
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by diabolical
That amp is like Lemmy...been through hell and back and still going strong. It is built quite solid, actually.

Thats surprising. Most of the AORs Ive encountered either were dead or needed a ton of fixing. I was under the impression that they break easy
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Nah man, the thing is that they're around since the 80s and usually have taken a lot of beatings since they were not a JCM800, but its ugly cousin. Mine has some noisy knobs but that's about it. I had it as backup in my rehearsal room for years since it isn't my preferred tone, but quite a few friends played through it and liked it. I loaned to a friend whose 5150 fried and he got an almost exact replica of Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" era tone out of it with an upper shelf B.C.Rich.

Anyway...I think the weak point is probably the pullable knobs, you bang those while you're on the touring circuit and the chassis will bend, plus those things are hard to find. Dunno, never had issues with mine, 10+ years of ownership.
Last edited by diabolical at Nov 23, 2015,
Well thats pretty cool. I almost picked up an AOR 30 a while ago but ended up with a Vox instead.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by John Sims
I agree. Just because some things don't sell for much doesn't mean you should let people have them for next to nothing. Things that are worth little now also have a nasty habit of suddenly increasing in value.

I sold some 1st gen Boss pedals years ago when I bought a multi effect pedal. Got next to nothing for them on ebay. How I regret that now.

I highly doubt that a valvestae will ever be worth anything.

But I still would keep it for a backup
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/