Just read an article of someone outlining the inneficiencies of alternate picking and saying that it's not always the best way, because sometimes you have to skip over strings and use more motion than you would nessecarily want. And people were legitimately extremely angry and calling him a troll in the comments.

It's just a fact, alternate picking is sometimes physically less efficient than other forms of picking, so why is it that when someone explains that, everyone goes berserk?

Of course famous guitarists use alternate picking and of course you can learn to do it extremely fast but for some things it makes less sense and there's nothing wrong with telling people that purposefully avoiding other methods is holding them back
Last edited by Knight Elijah at Nov 18, 2015,
Ignore the haters. The more options you have in your gig bag, the more valuable guitarist you will become.

Alternate picking, all downstroke, sweep picking, finger picking, hybrid picking should all be part of your right hand vocabulary.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I've never heard of anyone ever that hates economy picking. I maybe dislike it a bit just because I use it so damn much and I wish I wouldn't sometimes.
can't say i've heard any hate either. no one technique works for all playing situations.