Hey! I'm getting back into active guitar playing and I need a new effects unit. Here's what I'm looking for: I need something very customizable and durable (won't break or crap out on me), lots of options for tweaking the tone, and under $250. I loved my old Boss GT-8, but it's falling apart on me after almost ten years and I'm looking for something that can do most or all of the things the old GT-8 could. I don't need to upgrade to a GT-100 ($500 is too much!) but I would like something at least comparable to the old GT-8. The part I really liked was the tweakability, so something highly customizable is nice.

It doesn't have to be an effects unit necessarily - a modeling amp will do the trick if that's the best deal for under $250.

I play extreme metal mostly (death/black metal), but I also do some ambient and proggy stuff, so I want to have as many options as possible for the price. I want access to a lot of delay, reverb, etc. with the ability to tweak the effects and change the order of the FX chain if at all possible (my GT-8 could do this and it was extremely useful). I don't do flashy solos, but I like having a wide range of effects so my "effects pallette" is as large as possible, if you know what I mean.

I record directly to a computer and occasionally jam with friends, so I'd like an output and a line-out (don't need a fancy USB or anything).

As I said, my budget is $250, although I will splurge up to $300 if I need to in order to get the features listed above.
GT-10 used will be around $250 and has USB input, so it will be familiar.

If you're a desktop shredder the GT-001 would do as well.

For $250 I think it is best to go used.

Some people seem to like the Vypur on this forum for extreme metal so maybe that would be worth checking out as well.
Quote by diabolical
GT-10 used will be around $250 and has USB input, so it will be familiar.

If you're a desktop shredder the GT-001 would do as well.

For $250 I think it is best to go used.

Some people seem to like the Vypur on this forum for extreme metal so maybe that would be worth checking out as well.

Okay, checked out some used Boss units. Def. going for used Gt-10. Thanks, man!
Include the GT100 in your search now that you're going used, you could get lucky. The GT-100 is easier to drive.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I will second the gt-10. Especially because you're already familiar with boss. Personally I prefer pods, but you may as well stay in the boss family , that way there will not be as big of a learning curve.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/