Hello all,

I've been looking to buy a used guitar over here in Europe for a while and found a guy selling a platinum/silver coloured Tremonti Signature. I've been offered it 1580 USD (around 1000 pounds) and I was wondering whether or not that was a good deal.
If anyone could give me some more info on PRS' used pricings, that would be neat - cheers!
Quote by Foldageren
Hello all,

I've been looking to buy a used guitar over here in Europe for a while and found a guy selling a platinum/silver coloured Tremonti Signature. I've been offered it 1580 USD (around 1000 pounds) and I was wondering whether or not that was a good deal.
If anyone could give me some more info on PRS' used pricings, that would be neat - cheers!

If it is the USA made PRS then your getting a hell of a deal.

If it is the SE series, sounds like your getting ripped off pretty good.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Depending on year, options, etc...it could be real. You might ask for the serial number and run through a verification site, or even call PRS to confirm.

As you've probably seen on line or even Ebay, his real, American made signature models are over $3K USD, so that price would be make me personally very cautious.

American made PRS don't lose resale value significantly, I would not expect that guitar to be 1/2 its original sticker price unless it has massive issues.
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
Last edited by Dazzl1113 at Nov 19, 2015,
Quote by Foldageren
Rob -
It is the full blown american made custom one as far as I know (it doesnt say SE on the headstock, which the SE versions do). Heres a picture of the headstock:
http://dbastatic.dk/pictures/pictures/e1/8c/ab34-facd-49a7-b5d4-3089be0dae5e.jpg?preset=large,r180

Was this guitar ever made in silver?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Dazzl1113: I asked for the serial number, but I cant seem to find out where it is made, only when it was made. Mind checking it for me? 13 197311
I should mention that I just gave an approximation on what I would be getting it for (Im trading some gear+some money for it, so I just listed the pricings for what I paid for my gear (which I did get very good deals on). Anyway, his asking price was 2200 USD, so I got him down a bit - I asked him if it was American made, and he actually didnt know - he bought it now from a reputable shop here in Denmark for 3300 USD, so I just assumed it was American made?

oneblackened: This is technically platinum, which is what they list the color as on their website, but to answer your question - yes they did You can google tremonti platinum signature and the same guitar does crop up a few places.
Quote by Foldageren
Rob -
It is the full blown american made custom one as far as I know (it doesnt say SE on the headstock, which the SE versions do). Heres a picture of the headstock:
http://dbastatic.dk/pictures/pictures/e1/8c/ab34-facd-49a7-b5d4-3089be0dae5e.jpg?preset=large,r180

That does look like a USA headstock.

Shoot PRS an Email and check the serial for authenticity.

I'm not sure if they ever came in silver, I do know the SE came in silver, so the older USA made might have had a silver option.

$2200 sounds about right for an actual price though for a USA made one.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Foldageren
Robb - So if I can grab it for 1500, I should?

If it is a USA PRS that is a good deal
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate