R u excited for new Bowie tonight? I am. The teaser is fuking brilliant:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VPV4T6Ou-iI

Also ver excited about the record because of these comments from da main man Visconti:

"The Next Day started out trying to do something new but something old kept creeping in. Not this album."

"Having jazz guys play rock music turns it upside down."

Next Day had some killer, interesting pieces on it, but I agree that some lame cockrock type influences and other trite stuff seeped in sometimes, so I'm pretty stoked that this is gunna be a bit more left-field

pls only sickman and other fans of the messiah participate, God bless
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
No

Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
u two are the worst pls leave in an orderly fashion
Quote by ErikLensherr

Rebel Rebel is Bowie's only good song.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
oh and by the way steve_muse you better find something better like... I dunno... Why not... I dunno just find someone better
Last edited by lukeskywalkers at Nov 19, 2015,
Omg new Bowie I am #stoked

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by lukeskywalkers at #33690400
oh and by the way steve_muse you better find something better like... I dunno... Why not... I dunno just find someone better

And don't say that i suck!

you suck
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

should I try to get imto bowie better? I like a good handful of songs but should I listen to more with intent?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Ayy Steeeeve
Yeah I got pretty hyped after Sue/Tis a Pity, because that was a bit of a nice change in direction from TND already, I'm hoping he ventured in that sort of general direction for the new album.

I don't really care about knowing stuff before things come out so I don't even know what's known about this album and song other than they exist/will exist. But those Visconti quotes you posted are reigniting the #hype

And yeah I agree with you about TND. It was a pretty good album but I'd be disappointed by another Next Day. It was a really good comeback album though. It kind of makes sense in the history of Bowie, if you know what I mean. It wasn't overly "intellectual" nor overly "careless" but I think Heathen, for instance, managed to combine the two aspects better. I think I'm just talking semi-bollocks now so w/e.

I feel like I have a lot of things to say but I don't know exactly what or how.
@Pasta yes you should dedicate the next few days to his discography u pleb. No but really, give all of Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust and Aladin Sane a listen for classic 70s Bowie. Then try the German-influenced experiments of Heroes and especially Low. Then for contemporary Bowie give Outside and Heathen a listen.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Rebel Rebel is Bowie's only good song.
lol
Quote by K'Nuckles
fuckin franc

Quote by Pastafarian96
should I try to get imto bowie better?
yes
Seriously though, I don't know what music you like in general but I (and Steve certainly) can huu with some recs (EDIT: Oh he did)
You can lol all you want but at least he didnt scissor with a mars bar during that period yet.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I lost interest in David Bowie about fifteen years ago. All that coke killed his songwriting.
Quote by sickman411
Ayy Steeeeve
Yeah I got pretty hyped after Sue/Tis a Pity, because that was a bit of a nice change in direction from TND already, I'm hoping he ventured in that sort of general direction for the new album.

I don't really care about knowing stuff before things come out so I don't even know what's known about this album and song other than they exist/will exist. But those Visconti quotes you posted are reigniting the #hype

And yeah I agree with you about TND. It was a pretty good album but I'd be disappointed by another Next Day. It was a really good comeback album though. It kind of makes sense in the history of Bowie, if you know what I mean. It wasn't overly "intellectual" nor overly "careless" but I think Heathen, for instance, managed to combine the two aspects better. I think I'm just talking semi-bollocks now so w/e.

I feel like I have a lot of things to say but I don't know exactly what or how.

yea ever since I heard Sue I've been hoping it wasn't a glorious one-off. TND had some fun, clever pop and some true classic moments like Love is Lost, but then there's trash like Dancing on the Moon or whatever it's called which is so unexpectedly weak and drab.

Yea, Heathen perfectly captures both sides. Kinda wish it didn't have those covers tho tbh

blackstar is also a pretty killer record title. Like, it'd be lame if it was a metal band or something, but in this case it sorta excitingly recalls bowie's flirtations with the occult
Quote by ErikLensherr

Dancing out in Space

But yeah for instance, if I came up with a "top 20 Bowie songs" list or something (tempted as fuck right now, why did I say this) I guess none of the songs from The Next Day would make it in.

I don't usually care much for Bowie's covers and I don't really like to see covers in proper albums but tbh Cactus and Gemini Spacecraft are really good covers (also Pablo Picasso from Reality). The Neil Young cover is kinda shite though.

Not too much of a fan of the new album title, but idk, The Next Day sounded like a shitty album title too but now I guess I feel like it's alright.
Quote by steve_muse
@Pasta yes you should dedicate the next few days to his discography u pleb. No but really, give all of Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust and Aladin Sane a listen for classic 70s Bowie. Then try the German-influenced experiments of Heroes and especially Low. Then for contemporary Bowie give Outside and Heathen a listen.

Will spend all of next week from Tuesday Getting as much Bowie as possible.

The suggestions are greatly appreciated
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by EndTheRapture51

The weirder the better ETR, that's the golden rule for Bowie

Gunna listen to it now. Jus back from dinner in London lol
Quote by ErikLensherr

Jus finished listening. omg could it be more perfect. I am very creeped out but in the best possible way.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by sickman411
Dancing out in Space

But yeah for instance, if I came up with a "top 20 Bowie songs" list or something (tempted as fuck right now, why did I say this) I guess none of the songs from The Next Day would make it in.

I don't usually care much for Bowie's covers and I don't really like to see covers in proper albums but tbh Cactus and Gemini Spacecraft are really good covers (also Pablo Picasso from Reality). The Neil Young cover is kinda shite though.

Not too much of a fan of the new album title, but idk, The Next Day sounded like a shitty album title too but now I guess I feel like it's alright.

I dunno man, I could easily see Love is Lost, If You Can See Me, or Where Are We Now? in a top 20
Quote by ErikLensherr

Yo sickman guess what I found in London today

also, was listening to Earthling last night. Man, even though there's a very cheap and cheesy appropriation of 90s dance music, it's still one helluva tight record imo
Quote by ErikLensherr

with the sound
with the sound
with the sound
of the ground
with the sound
with the sound
with the sound
of the ground
with the sound
with the sound
with the sound
of the ground
etc
But yeah Earthling is pretty cool except for the few meh songs. I also hate that the well known song from it is I'm Afraid of Americans, which really isn't one of the best in the album. Telling Lies, Looking for Satellites (fuckin Boyzone namedrop though lol) and Seven Years in Tibet hmu

And yeah I'll listen to the new song in a bit, I brought my work laptop home on purpose for that because my laptop is kinda fucked and can get kinda stupid while playing videos sometimes.
^yea! I've never understood that. Afraid of muricans is forgettable in comparison to the likes of Seven Years in Tibet.

Hurry up and share yer thoughts. It's a bit of a grower but holy shit I really love it now. Dat melancholic sax. In fact every part of the instrumentation is so tight. And that breakdown good gawd. Gotta feeling the album's gonna be a twisted , gloomy jazzy version of Outside.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Fucking Bowie manages to surprise me every time, there wasn't a way I'd be expecting exactly this. Especially that middle section (the "I'm a blackstar" bit), it sounds really Bowiesque but I really didn't see that coming. It's great, it reminds me of Buddha/Outside but also of Station to Station and the Berlin Trilogy.

Hyped as fuck.

(Also surely Outside is already a twisted gloomy version of Outside)

(Also I mentioned doing some sort of top 20 or something like that and I came up with a list of like 40 songs while I was waiting for something at work and I'll just crop it down and order it and post it here)
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by Pastafarian96
should I try to get imto bowie better? I like a good handful of songs but should I listen to more with intent?

Ziggy Stardust is a flawless album start to finish.

Berlin era on is hit or miss for me, but there's certainly a lot worth checking out.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA