Poll: y n
Poll Options
View poll results: y n
i have black friends and one of them is ben carson
6 75%
ben carson actually has good conservative ideas and just happens to be black
2 25%
Voters: 8.
Like, is the only reason Ben Carson is so well in the primaries because he's getting the "I'm not a racist. I have black friends" vote?

What does the guy legitimately offer that the other don't?
PM me for newts
Isn't every political politician a political statement?

CASE CLOSED
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Isn't every political a political statement?

but is every adjective a noun
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
but is every adjective a noun

whoa I did a dumb

dammit
Quote by Dreadnought
whoa I did a dumb

dammit

Should have blamed it on autocorrect!!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I feel that OP is racist.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Arby911
Should have blamed it on autocorrect!!

I'm no coward
Quote by Dreadnought
I'm no coward

Nor politician.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Wait, that guy is a presidential candidate?
I thought it was just some random guy or something
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I have to keep reminding myself that he's a brilliant neurosurgeon from the cold streets of the D because he's so dumb and boring.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I have to keep reminding myself that he's a brilliant neurosurgeon from the cold streets of the D because he's so dumb and boring.

Right? How do we let this guy operate on people's brains?
Quote by ErikLensherr

has anyone engaged him on foreign policy to ask "how the fuck do we spose to keep peace"?

because that is from that song you were talking about and how funny would that be ygm?
Quote by ErikLensherr

they say 2 be a cop u gotta get pepper sprayed so u no what its like

maybe 2 b a brain surgeon u gotta hav ur brain cut on
PM me for newts
Nah, a lot of it is also because of four things.

1. He's done a lot to rally the religious vote. The whole "I was an angry violent young man who stabbed belt buckles until Jesus came to me in the bathroom" story is a very appealing redemption story if you believe in that sort of thing. And even if you don't believe in Jesus,
2. His "rags to riches with redemption mixed in" story is what a lot of people believe makes America great. The way Carson tells it, he was a poor kid in the inner city with a lot of rage who found peace and became a gifted neurosurgeon. A lot of people, myself included, have legitimate doubts about his story, but if you believe it, then that sounds like overcoming the odds to achieve your dreams, and for a lot of people, that's what makes America great.
3. He's said a whole lot of not much. Nothing kills the "Washington outsider" candidates faster than talking about the issues, because a lot of them don't know much about the issues. Carson has done a fantastic job avoiding talking about a lot of issues. He's spoken mostly in general statements("I don't think abortion is good"/"Government is too big"/"We need to stop ISIS"/etc.) but he hasn't laid anything specific out. He hasn't had to either, because
4. He's standing next to Donald Trump. Anyone looks sane next to The Donald, which is funny because Carson's probably just as bad in very similar ways to Trump, but instead of being loud and obnoxious, he's quiet and monotone about it, so you don't notice until you actually really focus on him. Trump absorbs a massive amount of the attention and scrutiny that would be directed at Carson any other year.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Ben Carson is a political statement, but I don’t think it has anything to do with race. Supporting Ben Carson is a way of saying “I’m a willfully ignorant narcissist with no shame or integrity, and I support voting for someone who makes me feel like that’s OK.”
Quote by tateandlyle
has anyone engaged him on foreign policy to ask "how the fuck do we spose to keep peace"?

Journalists have tried, but Carson rambles out incomprehensible nonsense when asked about foreign policy. If pressed he defaults to Herman Cain’s old answer–hire good advisors. But I don’t think anyone has asked him how he plans to hire good advisors when he doesn’t know enough about foreign policy to judge them.

Quote by chrismendiola
Right? How do we let this guy operate on people's brains?

Carson isn’t a stupid idiot. He’s a smart man, that’s why he had a great career as a neurosurgeon. Carson is an ignorant idiot. Because he did so well in one area he assumes that he’ll be successful elsewhere. But he’s so ignorant about the rest of the universe that he doesn’t even realize how far out of his depth he really is.
Last edited by jpnyc at Nov 19, 2015,
Quote by jpnyc
Carson isn’t a stupid idiot because. He’s a smart man, that’s why he had a great career as a neurosurgeon. Carson is an ignorant idiot. Because he did so well in one area he assumes that he’ll be successful elsewhere. But he’s so ignorant about the rest of the universe that he doesn’t even realize how far out of his depth he really is.

It was banter but thx m8
Ben Carson and Donald Trump are statements against career politicians, here in America we have a terrible problem with people that have been in office since the 80's or even the 60's. There are a lot of Republicans that feel that Ben Carson would garner the black vote. He is also less confrontational than Trump. He just has some crazy religious views. Seems like a nice guy though, and no can really argue against his expertise in neuroscience given his acclaim and accolades. Probably would need a team of people that know foreign policy and economics to be an effective pres though.

This election is probably going to come down to Clinton vs Trump and Trump will end up winning due to fear after another ISIL attack, low Democratic voter turnout because no one really likes Clinton because she is such a corrupt piece of shit, or Bernie might run green party and split the vote Ross Perot style.
Meme President 2016. Post-Surrealism.
Quote by Charles Ives
Stand up and take your dissonance like a man. I don't write music for sissy ears.

Quote by Béla Bartók
Competitions are for horses, not artists.

Ambient Symphonic Depressive Southern Melodic Blackened Death/Doom Metal