Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Hoping you can help with a small problem

When loosening strings specifically low E for say drop D tuning my guitar (Epiphone LP Special II) has a lot of buzzy feedback almost as if the string is too loose, on lower frets say frets 1-6 this happens.

I've picked up a copy of the Rocksmith 2014 game & it's a bit annoying not registering some notes in songs of lower tuning.

A few things I've considered:

The strings gauge, maybe try thicker or thinner strings?

My plucking angle/style (too hard/too soft?)

The quality of the strings? (standard issue, maybe poor quality?)

Please don't say the guitar isn't capable of different tuning as I'd like to play a variety of songs.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
The result of fret buzz could be quite a few things. If you're downtuning, the easiest way to get around it without spending money on a setup is to just get thicker strings and/or raise your action a little bit. Also, if you're really ripping into the strings with your pick, that can cause them to flop off the fretboard, making a harsher sound.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
i would set it up. you may want to raise the bridge a little bit, or switch to thicker string.

the guitar isn't the best, but it should hold tune.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have to agree with these two, raise the bridge a tad or use a heavier E string. I play my Cort CL1500 in drop D all the time using .009-.042 strings, no problems but I keep my action a bit high anyway because I play a lot of slide. It won't take much, raise the bridge just a little on the upper strings, leave the lower end alone.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by Paleo Pete
I have to agree with these two, raise the bridge a tad or use a heavier E string. I play my Cort CL1500 in drop D all the time using .009-.042 strings, no problems but I keep my action a bit high anyway because I play a lot of slide. It won't take much, raise the bridge just a little on the upper strings, leave the lower end alone.

^Honestly, you people with the finesse to use light strings! Them type of mandem I don't understand 'em!

But yeah, being serious, start by raising the action a bit, and if that doesn't do it, my go-to solution for most things - clumsy player that I am - is heavier strings.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one