Hey guys! Need two different pieces of advice.

1) I'm buying a new 7 string guitar. I currently use a Schecter Omen 6 Extreme and it's held up well as a six string although the fretboard radius is a bit too small for me at the higher end.

Withing my budget I currently have these models under consideration:

Ibanez RGD 7421
Jackson JS32-7Q Dinky
Schecter Omen 7 Extreme

I usually stay away from Ibanez because most of them in this price range look like flat slabs (something that I hate). I prefer a contoured body and that's why I went with the Omen extreme for my 6. At the moment I'm leaning towards the RGD because I feel the thinner neck will work better on a 7 string. The Schecter has a rather huge neck which is fine for my 6 but I don't know whether it will work on the 7.

The Jackson is a sweet looker as well as performer but I have another guitar with a natural finish and since these guitars are pretty similar to each other, I find it better to introduce a little variety into my collection.

This brings me to

2) Should I absolutely have a six string guitar with me even though I have a 7?

A lot of people have suggested me not to sell off my six string after I get a 7. According to me, if I get used to the feel I can pretty much do everything that I could on the six string on the seven so it would be redundant. This is why I considered the Schecter Omen 7 Extreme. It's a linear upgrade.

Would there be any other reason not to sell off my 6 string that I might not be aware of?

Your opinions are invaluable.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.

Metal is like an apple. Everything is good except for the core
I can only give you my personal experience: I switched to 7-strings five months ago, and I've been using it for everything since. I still have my 6-strings, but it's tuned differently so I can't use it for the same songs.

So I'd say yes, once you get used to the extra strings, you can use it for everything. But I can't help you much with the three guitars you mentioned, I tried a number of models when I was looking for a 7-strings, but none of those.
Guitars: Music Man JP7 2009 (piezo) and JP6 2013, Fender Stratocaster US 1991