Just doing a little homework before i go check out a guitar...
i am going to check out a very nice maple fretboard 2012 MIM tele tomorrow. The price is $325 (no tax or anything like that... on a local board). I know that the MIM strats generally go from $225 (super deal) to about $350 which is kinda high range. Can anyone tell me do the MIM teles follow the same price arc? I have a lot of guitars but as of yet have never owned a Tele so i figured it might be a great place to start (used MIM). Is that price about standard for a nice example? thanks everyone
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
yeah if it's in excellent condition hte that's an ok price. not a deal but not a rip either. since fender has increased MIM prices for new i'm guessing used will follow soon so that price will be closer to what will get charged. if it's in nice shape, plays well and you like it then go for it.
Quote by monwobobbo
yeah if it's in excellent condition hte that's an ok price. not a deal but not a rip either. since fender has increased MIM prices for new i'm guessing used will follow soon so that price will be closer to what will get charged. if it's in nice shape, plays well and you like it then go for it.

Thanks Monwo... i need another guitar like i need a hole in my head BUT it is pretty sweet looking and everyone always says that Teles are a guitar you have to have in your guitar arsenal. I will swing by and check it out, see if it talks to me. appreciate the reply!
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Everybody needs at least 1 Tele
"We all have idols. Play like anyone you care about but try to be yourself while you're doing so." - BB King

"The thrill is being able to do it...even if you play it badly" - The Edge.

8 Guitars, 4 Amps, 3 Multi Pedals...and never done!
Quote by ppiluk
Everybody needs at least 1 Tele

Three at a minimum

You want a vintage spec'd model, someting with the Nashville configuration (strat sc in middle), and something more modern.

Maybe 4 because I am dying for a pine nocaster.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
i passed on this one (for the time being), want to slightly thin the heard before i get the tele. Probably in the next few weeks i will sell off a few of mine and grab the tele.
Quote by BlackVoid
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Three at a minimum

You want a vintage spec'd model, someting with the Nashville configuration (strat sc in middle), and something more modern.

Maybe 4 because I am dying for a pine nocaster.

or you could just buy a strat and be done with it
Quote by monwobobbo
or you could just buy a strat and be done with it

I have two
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Teles tend to hold their value a little bit better than Strats lately. I think it's because there is a huge amount of Strats for sale, at least by me. But Teles don't come up as often. So bottom line, you rarely see a nice MIM Tele go for less than $300, but I have gotten nice Strats for as low as $180.