Dat genre tag.

I really enjoyed the production of the guitar in this one. I feel that its acoustic properties were captured and represented excellently; so much so that I felt as if I were in the very same room. Its brightness and clarity both contrasts and compliments the smoother, lower-mid emphasised vocals, making for a full sounding mix with a minimal ensemble. You may like to bus your guitar and vocal tracks to a shared reverb track (set wholly wet, and blended into your main channels to taste) to sweeten up the sound. This approach also blends the two instruments into the same space, more deliberately unifying the performances into one

Back to vocals: the mild distortion is a nice touch;. There's an ''old radio'' esque presentation about it which is very appealing, effectively transporting the listener to a different time and place. Very cool!

All-in-all, I very much enjoyed the piece. It has an identity in its minimalism and forgiving presentation, and that's to be commended.

I have a song available at the following link, and some critical feedback would be very much appreciated:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1691368

Last edited by juckfush at Nov 20, 2015,
very cool stuff, not my style but i still really liked it. Kinda thing i listen to when i'm having a whiskey and coke smoking a marlboro red. It gives me a feeling of being a bad ass as corny as that might sound. I also like the part at 1:45, has a very interesting feeling to me. Over all very cool, i like the production just very raw in a good way. enjoyed this very much!
Hey jedke thanks for the feedback on my 100 Seconds Riffs!

Ohh man that was a pleasant morning with your song and coffee. Really and truly I liked it!! Voice and guitar was a little bit dirty but in a good way. And the song overall is very intriguing. Keep going I want to listen more stuff!
Holy shit! That was awesome! Your guitar work is impeccable throughout the whole thing, and is very enjoyable to listen to! You create a kind of travelling atmosphere that really fits the mood of the song. What kind of guitar are you using?
I really love the vocals on this track, full of emotion, and the distortion is a great touch that really gives the vocals a fitting impact. Overall, you did a great, GREAT job! This is really good and I want to listen to more!

I only have one complaint though, the part that comes in at "0:37" is chord progression I have heard a lot of times before (I think System of a down used it also at one point). I think you could improve the song by changing up those chords, making it even more unique! Nevertheless, you have made an awesome song that did to me what awesome music does, make me feel something. So congratulations on an awesome job!

And thank you so much for the feedback on my thing
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
your voice reminds me of Jack White
the guitar is really cool I like this kind of stuff reminds me of page's white summer/black mountain side. the guitar riffs are emotional and represent well what you want to express
cool stuff look forward to hear more from you.
btw is this on standard tunning?
Quote by João1993
your voice reminds me of Jack White
the guitar is really cool I like this kind of stuff reminds me of page's white summer/black mountain side. the guitar riffs are emotional and represent well what you want to express
cool stuff look forward to hear more from you.
btw is this on standard tunning?

Thanks!, and no its tuned to C,C,G,G,C,c all octaves except the two thickest strings. Kind of makes a 12 string like sound with only 6 strings.
Quote by wyldelife
Holy shit! That was awesome! Your guitar work is impeccable throughout the whole thing, and is very enjoyable to listen to! You create a kind of travelling atmosphere that really fits the mood of the song. What kind of guitar are you using?
I really love the vocals on this track, full of emotion, and the distortion is a great touch that really gives the vocals a fitting impact. Overall, you did a great, GREAT job! This is really good and I want to listen to more!

I only have one complaint though, the part that comes in at "0:37" is chord progression I have heard a lot of times before (I think System of a down used it also at one point). I think you could improve the song by changing up those chords, making it even more unique! Nevertheless, you have made an awesome song that did to me what awesome music does, make me feel something. So congratulations on an awesome job!

And thank you so much for the feedback on my thing

Thanks a lot for your feed back!

Im just using a Fender I bought awhile ago not sure on the model. I think the sound you like was created by using a room mic though, it really captures the bright/dark sound well. I just recorded it with a room mic about 1 foot infront of the guitar and half a foot below the sound hole.
Last edited by jedke at Nov 21, 2015,
jedke,
Thank you for the reviews! I actually have interest on getting my music into the movies. I have not spoken to this guy in several years, though I know this guy that made a documentary movie that showed interest in having my music in his future movies. The only thing that scares me is this guy is seriously into Satan worship (not just for some metal band shock appeal thing), and that is what his documentary was about. He used to live in a 2 bedroom apartment, and one of the bedrooms was totally dedicated to Satan worship with a big altar. Not my type of thing. Anyway, all of the things I've seen to get your music in movies, you have to pay money up front to apply, which many people think is a scam. If you know of any way of applying without having to pay them up front, or having pro quality audio, I would be interested in hearing about that. Now your music: this kind of reminds me of Bob Dylan. Guitar playing & riffs are quite good. Singing is rather good too. Not sure if you were going for a retro audio sound, but that is how it sounds to me (not a bad thing since retro audio quality seems to be popular lately, like the Black Keys). Nice tune!
This is very cool stuff, your voice reminds me something between Bob Dylan and Jack White
Very raw... very Americana. The intense acoustic playing reminds me of Richie Havens.
i am surprised that not metal only is playing in the forums, good for you
your song has unique style, very interesting and actual lirics,
my english isn't that good and not everything is understandable for me,
so guitars are well played but maybe you should think about playing it double and mix panoramic, what would make it full and wide,
nevertheless I enjoyed listening, good work
The riff of this song is precisely routed in a great pumping vamp, the small lyrical noodles add to it. Imho the biggest problem I had with the track was the small timing flubbs.

If this is just your scratch track then I can understand the timing issues.

Going forward in production I work to bring out a pocket for the vocals to sit that the guitar is currently taking up.

//returning an old c4c because a man always keeps his word!