Hey everybody.
I just calculated the tension of my current gauge (from low string to highest :B;F@;B;E;G#;C#: 74w, 52, 46, 24w, 22w, 13p) and the tension is apparently 158.2 pounds, though I'm not sure if I'm calculating it correctly. I was thinking that instead of having 46 and 52 on 4th and 5th strings, I could go up to 56 on 5th and up a tad for the 4th string), to make it stronger
My main question is though: does someone know how much tension could be considered dangerous (in pounds) or could accelerate significantly damage of the guitar?
Last edited by jzRTCAQ!PY13575 at Nov 21, 2015,
Strings will break or unwind at the ball before the tension damages an electric guitar. Even heavy bass strings.
Dude, your tuning is way low, you'll be fine. But the 4th and 5th string should already feel really solid with your current setup. What kind of monster hands do you have?
@jpnyc that's true, I didn't think of that. Thanks for answering!

@ they do feel a bit solid, but I was thinking that if it is safe, I might as well go up a bit next time I buy strings, that way them powerchords will be heavy.
^^lol, Anybody can develop monster hands after a few months of playing with them. The only thing I do too much is playing individual notes instead of spending more time using various bar chords, because those are a huge pain to play, because the 4th, 3rd and 2nd string are hard to fret with the index when the big 74 at the bottom is showing some resistance. Though I like tight strings too, the sound is very focused and agressive.
http://stringtensionpro.com/Search

shoot some numbers on here. I aim for normal tens on a 25 1/2 guitar (around 17) in standard. I then change my string gauges on my 24 3/4 & 25 inch guitars to match it as much as possible.
Furnder Turlurcurstur '72 Cursturm
A tuner
RAT!@#?1!
Oloctro Hormonox Doloxo Momory Mon
Fenders Deluxes Reverbs.
I use 11's in standard, youll be fine
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Your guitar will be fine; they're much more resilient than people think.

That said, there's absolutely no reason to be using gauges that heavy on the bass strings. In particular, 46 for the 4th string is ludicrous. Bringing those bottom strings down to something like 32, 45 and 68 would leave you well within the range of very heavy strings but also make playing a bit more physically possible.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
@K33nbl4d3

It just give much more bass and aggression to it, though I like tighter gauges too because I feel that control feels nicer, but also for the sound: when they're tight and you smash a powerchord, the punch is pretty brutal. Seriously, going from 64 to 74 makes a massive difference. I was like "ohhhh yeah".
@ Devioustonature and jimihendrix6699 ok then, I'll try it when my new strings wear out. Thanks for replying!
Last edited by jzRTCAQ!PY13575 at Nov 22, 2015,
Well if your only concern is the guitar's wellbeing, you should be alright, though I might want to balance the tension a bit more between the bass and treble sides (probably fine regardless). I'm sure it sounds great though, I do love me some heavy strings, if not by your standards
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quick note: it's a 38 on the 4th string I think. ^^p a 46 would be impossible
Last edited by jzRTCAQ!PY13575 at Dec 5, 2015,